anyone help with my KAAMA's

Discussion in 'Surface Drives' started by hatterick, Jul 20, 2012.

1. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Do you have a link to a service manual you can view or not?
    You assumed it was online in post #2... it might be. Probably is somewhere. But I can't find it online. I'm sure you see me as a dummy for asking too, but I feel no shame asking for help finding very hard to find things.

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

The owners club was clearly addressed. Don you think that would be a good pace to make enquiries,--as said in your own back yard.

Sorry for any spellinmg mistakes I was distracted ny the TV --America has talent.

3. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

There's no manuals on the "owners club" but there are some more guys there who ran them. There's a phone number for a guy looking for one in 2008.
    If anybody finds a link to any free kaama manuals online or parts diagrams already posted somewhere, post them please. I would like to know what all was printed covering them.

4. hatterick

hatterick Junior Member

Hey Masalai, I think you are one rude mother #&%$^& And you call me a dummy! The questions I ask are fair. I admit that i don't know anything about these drives and thats the reason I'm in this forum. I don't have to take any **** from you! you must have a lot of time on your hands to even reply. (RIGHT) %$&@off

5. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Don't let em get to you. There are plenty of guys who know their stuff around here too.
    kaamaman offered the info he had a year ago if I bought the boat but the one I had my eye on didn't happen. Too much stuff going on earning a living so I didn't get the 311 :( Wasn't sure I'd have time for it this year :(

6. hatterick

hatterick Junior Member

Thank you IMP-ish powerboater, I belong to the Hatteras forum too and in know way are there people like that. I guess he thinks he owns this forum? He's running full astern. I live close to Arnason and his shop is just down the road. I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse. again thank you Rick Amoroso

7. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Eeh probably having a bad day over something. You never know. He has a big low speed catamaran named CNO. I read that his wife didn't like it and that made him grumpier I think :D Anyway, let us know how it works. The 311 I was looking at sat in a garage this summer. I don't think it made it in the water. I was scared of the kaamas because I don't know about them and was short on time.

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

hatterick on this forum we have a point system , personally I rarley use them but I have for you.

Go talk to Rick, Im sure he would have known all the answers to your problem before you asked here.

Service manuals will not be readily available on the web of the owners club --you might have to talk to them or e mail them, good luck in communicating with humans.

9. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

They are for most other drives.
    Here's what you can find in 2 seconds with google for an arneson ASD6 from the arneson owners site:
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...OljgC2xJR-9wELy6Q&sig2=8hRCBFM9qstTt_4hHJum3A
    Over 50 pages showing every nut and washer and every step to disassemble and assemble. Recommended lubricants. Warnings for common screwups. They even show dimensions for a cradle to build and the wrench you might not have gotten second hand if you need it.
    And it's free.

Something like that probably is already out there for the kaama drives, somewhere...

Rik is a member here and he is someone who really knows his stuff.
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/profile/rik.html

Didn't think arneson would help you with old kaamas though.

10. hatterick

hatterick Junior Member

maybe

he might, known him sence the pool sweep.

11. hatterick

hatterick Junior Member

he might,

he might, I've known him sence he invented the pool sweep. All he can say is no. He might get mad cause I have the kaamas insted of his. But he's not that way. I've worked in his house and know the family we'll see what happens. If I get the info I will post it in the forum. Thanks

12. hatterick

hatterick Junior Member

what is point system?

what is point system? and you used what for me?

13. hatterick

hatterick Junior Member

hey frosty, what do you mean point system? and what did you use for me?

14. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Unfair advantage :D
    Hey thanks. I still kind of regret not getting the 311 last summer. Wasn't sure how much time it would take to figure things out and what it would cost me in the long run. Ran out of time but it didn't sell yet :D

15. Rik

Rik Senior Member

I do not know if there is or was a manual on the KAAMA drives on line. Someone on OSO might be able to answer the question about that more so than on here. There are a few members on here that are a bit salty to questions from others, gotta take the good with the bad.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.