anybody sail

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by longliner45, Jan 14, 2008.

1. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

anybody sail at Kentucky lake?,,,looking for a place that suits me thanks for any info,,longliner

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Nope, I just kind of make it up as I go along, but have been in Cumberland, where the fishing was quite fine.

3. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

ky lake is close to cumberland,,it has 160.000 sq miles and also another lake parralels it of the same size ,,it has a lock to and from the mississippi,,,,,,from where Im at it is a 4 day journey to the lake ,,another 4 days to the gulf,year round sailing ,,and dont freeze up ,,like erie and only a 4 hr trip by car to check on your boat,,,I need to find someone who is there or has frequented the area ,,also looking at annapolis ,,,,,,,,longliner

4. tom28571

tom28571 Senior Member

Drove a paddlewheel riverboat across it from the Ohio to the Gulf once. Looked like a very nice place to cruise in a sailboat. Don't know how reliable the wind is. Plenty big and new enough to not be so crowded by development as many others.

5. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Maybe it is 1600 square miles, or 160 square miles. 16 square miles would attract me for a day of poking around.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.