Anybody had any experience of this boat?

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Damian3716, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Damian3716

Damian3716 Junior Member

Hi guys. I am considering buying plans for this little boat.
    http://www.woodenboat.com/boat-plans-kits/silver-333-0
    I wondered if anybody had ever come across it, or better yet, built one themselves. I'd love to see any photos that are about as the one on the sellers site is very low quality and doesn't show the boat well at all.

2. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Go to the Glen-L site. Look up outboards. They have good plans ( full size)and you can look up customer build photos of the model you like. I built the Flying Saucer. Their plans are good and their forum is good and you can talk to people who have built the boat you like. There are several models close to what you posted.
    Glen-L marine. Good people who have been in business some 60 years. http://www.glen-l.com/boat-plans-catalog-300-boats-you-can-build/

3. Damian3716

Damian3716 Junior Member

I have looked at Glenn L. They do seem good and very well established. But to be honest, I'm really looking for a stitch and glue Boat for this build and they don't seem to have one that's fits the style and size I'm looking for. I'm happy to be proved wrong on that though.

4. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

I have not built a S and G boat so I am out of the conversation but I am sure many people on this site know how to change wood frame specs to S and G. Good luck......

5. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

I have to say the claim that the cockpit could be made self-bailing somewhat took me aback, it would lead to very questionable stability characteristics.

6. Damian3716

Damian3716 Junior Member

I've had a good at Glen L. I really like the look of the squirt. Is exactly what I'm looking for in shape and size. Is not stitch and glue though. Does anybody have any thoughts on whether this boat is suitable for a first time builder?

7. Damian3716

Damian3716 Junior Member

Mr Efficiency, could you explain your reasoning on this comment?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.