European Rivers - Boat attached to Side of Ship BY MAGNETS

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by mustafaumu sarac, Jun 27, 2018.

1. mustafaumu sarac

mustafaumu sarac Senior Member

I am living in istanbul and europe destination and adventure is near to me. I am thinking to go to romania , danube river and I will enter the river and I will attach my 180 cms long boat to ship side with magnets at night , boat will be 35cms high and black and climb up to holland in few weeks.:)

I will use an small outboard engine , 1 HP or less and food and water and GIANT MAGNETS.:)

No sailing , no gas money , no stuck in the middle of the river.No deep water and spending weeks after weeks in 50 celcius hot boat.I will study my lesson this year , will buy every ship route charts , guides and books.I dont want to enter a narrow channel at the side of a giant ship.

I will go at night and disconnect at morning and rest at the river side all the day.

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Istanbul

2. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

3. mustafaumu sarac

I love my idea , Angelique

kerosene likes this.
  4. Angélique

Then maybe best first try it for a while with the agreement of the skipper, while you're on the main boat watching the little stowaway hull.

5. mustafaumu sarac

no skipper helps. I am on my own. I think small boat hull must be very very thick and magnets can slide. May be vacuum helps also. And there must be car rubber tires at the side to cancel banging. I am thinking to attach the boat from side magnets and vacuums.
    If something goes wrong boat slides in to the propeller. I have to use 5 HP new engine and on ship ride , propeller must be at outside of the water. I am thinking to elavate the boat from water but I dont know how to do this. Barges are slower and may be safer.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  6. Angélique

Any plans yet how to do the many locks along the route ?

7. Angélique

Is there a budget established and available to build this stowaway hull and its attachment systems ?

8. mustafaumu sarac

Locks are dangerous , I have to know their GPS locations. I dont know to source the whole danube charts , maps and books and coming German rivers and the Dutch. Idea is fresh and budget is ready. I contacted with chinese dealer to buy triaxial glass fiber , one kilogram is 0.30 dollars. I can attach a neodymium magnet but I dont know how to deattach them in a hurry. I think there are some vacuum locks with trigger but I think smooth plastic vacuum can be teared. As you know small fish travels on the big fish or mammalian. This is the same and 400 million years old invention.

I was thinking to build yrvind 405 but this idea is faraway better. I cant spend 2 years on a river with sails and boat must go againts the coming water.

1 to 5 HP engine must be new , money goes to it.

9. Angélique

This is the height profile and the 16 locks, each with lifting heights of up to 25 m (82'), of just the canal from the Danube to the Main . . .

[​IMG]

10. mustafaumu sarac

I think I have to leave the boat in a safe place when I reached to main danube canal. Its norrow and not a river. Do they take money for each gate , may be ships pays it but it would be extremelly expensive. Now the hitchhiking to a barge could be funny.
    I found elbe and rhine books at Goethe and waterway was faraway wider than the main danube canal. I have to find a extremelly cheap johnson heavy used and old. These are the only engines I can leave at the road.

I dont even know which rivers connects which.

Angel , can you find a river chart collection for sell anywhere at the internet. I think there must be a publshing house.

11. Angélique

Black Sea to North Sea 24 days River Cruise, those are good boats to get stuck on, I believe . . :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  12. Angélique

Best catch up with the Avalon Passion for this trip, or one of her sisters I think....

[​IMG]
    Avalon Passion - 135 m × 11.4 m - Swiss flag

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  13. Angélique

Just paint your attach boat blue, and put ‘‘safety research unit’’ in white letters on the side, then there's most chance no one will bother you . . :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    kerosene likes this.
  14. David Cooper

David Cooper Senior Member

You might get a better idea of the route by reading a book called "the unlikely voyage of jack de crow" - a mad Australian rowed/sailed most of it in a Mirror dingy, travelling in the opposite direction to you. It may increase your chances of survival.

15. Angélique

Sandy MacKinnon wasn't that mad I think, he traveled from Oz to the isle Iona off western Scotland without flying, and started his dinghy tour in central England, on the river Roden I think, and has enjoyed a fantastic adventure till the Black Sea . . :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.