Any recommendation for high quality seacock?

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by mariobrothers88, Nov 4, 2021.

1. mariobrothers88

mariobrothers88 Senior Member

Hi guys I need to make a through hull for my watermaker and install a seacock. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a high quality seacock and best place to buy in the USA? I found a few on Amazon but they only had a few reviews. Thanks so much in advance!

2. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

Groco is the only way to go Ron. You should also build a floodbox which will not allow water to rise above the vessels waterline and flood your hull.

You need one large enough to meet the watermaker demands.

3. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

4. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

Here is mine. There is a tee that serves as a manifold for the two pumps. I have a washdown and livewell fill only, so no watermaker. It was about ??400$ for all the parts in 3/4"...because the strainer is cheap plastic, I build the floodbox and made a mount so the plastic strainer is not taking all the loads

ECBEB907-3F9C-4B31-9D4D-7EF5657FB830.jpeg

5. mariobrothers88

mariobrothers88 Senior Member

Thank you so much Dan you are the best!!!

fallguy likes this.
  6. Scuff

Scuff Senior Member

Fallguy, does the floodbox surround the seacock to above the waterline?

7. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

yes, I think so..a little nervous I am missing by an inch; inside the floodbox is also the blackwater tank which would reduce total water intake

After we launch, there is a window and I can measure down and add a rim if I am low...a smart guy would have built up say 3" higher, versus 1".

If the floodbox were low, water will fill the stairwell space and damage the wooden ladder I need to build

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.