anti-skid deck texture

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Lew Morris, Jun 21, 2001.

1. Lew Morris

Lew Morris Industrial Designer

looking for a source for ready-made anti-skid deck-texture material for pattern making purposes....

any body familiar with products available?

2. Stephen Ditmore

Stephen Ditmore Senior Member

rubber non-skid

I'm for applying or sticking something directly to the finished product. I think the people who sell Wichard products in the U.S. also sell a line of rubber non-skid, and you might check out www.durabak.com

3. Stephen Ditmore

Stephen Ditmore Senior Member

Overdeck

While we're on this subject, I have a 1993 magazine with an ad for a German product called "Overdeck," a combination epoxy paint & nonskid with a pattern like a teak deck. I've searched on "Overdeck" using AltaVista but haven't come up with anything on this product. Does anyone have experience with it, and is it still made?

I'd also be curious about a system I used to see advertised for spraying thin layers of molten copper onto a hull bottom, Copper Coat or something like that (not CopperClad from Ferro). does anyone have info?

4. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

5. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

I was curious what the Overdeck system would actually cost to have applied so I asked:
    The replied that:
    I'm not sure what the exact currency conversion is, but if you had a 30' sailboat finished in Germany with the Overdeck system the cost would appear to be around $6,000.

Edit: For those reading this later, see also http://boatdesign.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89
    for a continuation.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.