Anthony Fokker's Yacht

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by D'ARTOIS, Nov 26, 2005.

1. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS Senior Member

Pure coincidence: I saw Joop, that you asked for the name of Fokker's yacht: well, the name is Q.E.D. = Quat Erat Demonstrandum (Hetgeen Te Bewijzen Was) that they use in Goniometrics.
    You clearly see the name on the stern topside of the boat.

Extraordinary Machine, really a Aircraft designers Yacht, unfortunately he could not see "TiTania" -

I have a book with all the aircraft designs of Fokker, text and drawings/pictures maybe there something of his yacht in there. Will check.

2. yipster

yipster designer

3. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS Senior Member

Q.E.D. was built out of wood, the year before A.F. died; it is said that it burnt too - but indeed, little info is available.
    I looked in the Jubilee Book of Fokker Aircraft that I ever received from the company in it's heighdays but could not find this yacht.

If you look at it, it has all the marks of the today's yachts, only the stern and raised cokcpit shows the time she was designed in.

Let'see if we can dig up more details.

It might be something or my "Mysterious Yachts" thing......

4. kach22i

kach22i Architect

FYI: If you are into cool and sometimes odd things...................

Sanders Roe; designed and built just about everything; boats, aircraft, and even hydrofoils and hovercraft.

I have this book............a real keeper.

http://www.foils.org/popbook.htm
    [​IMG]

5. yipster

yipster designer

some real nice looking books !

6. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS Senior Member

With a bit of luck, I got a tip from somebody of the Fokker company and I was able to find the utterly rare commemoralia of the Art Deco yacht of Anthony Fokker. We now know also how the interior has looked like. There is more material available but that has to be found still.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.