Another new user and an overview of my plans

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Liquidus, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Liquidus

Liquidus New Member

I'd just like to take this time to say hello and welcome myself to this forum.

I'm currently a student in the UK and over the past year have been solely designing in my spare time a 120ft motor yacht - A big task I know! Unfortunately with me, I tend to run before I can walk!

I've slowly been piecing things together concerning layouts, specs etc but am starting to get a little bit out of my depth :confused:

For example, the actual cost of producing something like this!? I read earlier on the forum that as a very rough guide its about £25k per metric tonne... :confused:

I'll post up some designs soon so everyone can get a feel for what I've designed, and pick holes in it :D

2. Lurvio

Lurvio Mad scientist

Welcome. :)

Why do you need something so big?

Lurvio

3. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Liquidus, welcome mate, boy you sure jumped into the deep end eh.....pop up the pics and stand back......just take us all with a pinch of salt.

4. BATAAN

BATAAN Senior Member

Which multi-millionaire is funding this?
    Price of building any vessel is per pound and you can buy Filet Mignon or cheap hamburger.
    Every choice made, from hull material to cabin accessories, affects your grade of meat.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.