racing cat hull express

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by gcastellana68, Dec 13, 2009.

1. gcastellana68

gcastellana68 Junior Member

If you know anyone looking for something like this please pass it on- THANK YOU

spent on hull approx $28,000 on hull and stringers.

The boat is a 1998 Express Cat never been wrecked. The boat was re enforced for racing, the previous owner was planning to go with additional horsepower and different out drives. The boat is a 10 beam by 35 feet. The boat comes with 4 gas tanks and trailer.Its a plain Hull, ready for rigging. Please call me if you have other questions Thanks 239-285-3706

This hull was redone like new. it was re enforced by professional boat builders.

$16,500

Attached Files:

2. Red Tide

Red Tide Junior Member

Any ideas on how to power hull such as this without absolutely breaking the bank?

Are any of these express cats still racing successfully?

It kind of makes me sad when these unrigged hulls have so little resale value once they lose their engines & drives... think it's a catch 22. If you have the money for engines and drives, you can afford a newer design hull that's already rigged and get all the value of the 2nd hand steering, planes, drives, and such.

3. JBeam

JBeam New Member

Express

Hi. I know the hull well. I also know the owners of the company and used to race one.
    These are junk and no good for racing. Makes an ok pleasure boat. No one has ever raced an Express Marine succesfully. The company has had many names over the years. Same owner out of Algonac Mich.

No resale value. Don't put too much money in. I would sell and buy a Skater.