AutoCAD changing shapes...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Willallison, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Often when I draw something in AutoCAD - say an arc or spline for example - often when I come back to it later it will appear on the screen as a straight (or a series of straight) lines.
    If you click on it, the control points are in the correct place, but the 'line' isn't.
    Can anyone tell me how to prevent or correct this?

2. Martijn_vE

Martijn_vE Marine software developer

Autocad uses a coarse polyline-approximation when drawing arcs and splines to keep drawing up to speed. This has nothing to do with the internal representation of the curves. Simply type "regen" to force Autocad to draw the line more accurate and you'll see that your curve is still correct.

3. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Merci!

4. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

You can also type VIEWRES and set that system variable to a higher value, I suggest 1000 or 2000:

Command: VIEWRES
    Do you want fast zooms? [Yes/No] <Y>: Y
    Enter circle zoom percent (1-20000) <1000>: 2000

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.