what if i build this,just on the sketch

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by RSALVAREZ, Sep 23, 2011.

1. RSALVAREZ

RSALVAREZ Junior Member

Hi, i was looking on my yard and spot a 36 inch pipe, may be a 36 X 60 pipe, with flanges, and about 1/4 inch wall, what if i build a 10 meter deph limit 1 atm submersible, i can put a desk chair,an acrylic hemisphere and 2 troling motors, a kitchen scruber, scuba tanks for air suply an cicle,a co2 kitchen detector
    , for 10 meters the water can be sealed with mechanical seals, o rings can seal the hemisphere door or hatch, the plexiglass will not break, this is the dum view, what about the expert view?? imagine the craft as the gondole of the air ballon, also i sketch an air ballon for the recovery of the underwater drum thanks for the help
    i want to build this before any chinese farmer, is not a submarine this will be remember as the mexican who build a submersible with home depot parts.

IS JUST AN IDEA

2. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

3. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Take lots of pictures of your progress and post them here.

Get your will in order before you begin.

What other parts do you have in your yard?

-Tom

4. GTS225

GTS225 Junior Member

Mr. Salvarez; I do believe it's already been done, but in parts further south of your country. I strongly suggest you don't start asking around about it, though. You might run afoul of the drug cartels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57seOEm9BlE

While that one was quite a bit more sophisticated than your planned build, building one may raise a few eyebrows of concern.

If you do build it , you may also run afoul of the U.S. DEA, and possibly your own government.

Regards.....Roger

5. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

There is absolutely nothing illegal about building your own submersible, so don't worry about he DEA and other acronym adorned organizations, within the local and federal government. This said, there are plenty of things you can do and manage to drown yourself in a venture like this, so test in shallow water with an EMS squad on stand by. In short, I think you are grossly underestimating the forces involved at 32' below the surface.

6. Wavewacker

Wavewacker Senior Member

Save some pipe for your parascope, without it, you'll never know if the CG wants to board you for inspection. I mean really, if you don't have a decompression chamber or even torpedo tubes, do you expect CG divers to come down and knock on your hatch? Float the bouy!

When my dad was a kid, he made a diving bell out of an old water heater tank, some hose and plumbing fittings, but that was just to down about 20 feet to the river bottoms (when rivers had clear water).

7. RSALVAREZ

RSALVAREZ Junior Member

not that kind of craft

first i am located on the gulf of california, many miles away fron the us coast´s

last week a 3 meter aligator went out of their lagoon on a public park and self move to a big lagoon were is for boating on kayac,and this guy is so smart that make us fell like idiots , when we spot him, as soon as e padle or motorin,electric or gas , HE DIVE
    I am the boat mechanic and as the max deepth is 5 meter i think in a seciruty factor of 2?

So the first idea is use this pipe,close it,buid a safety refloat system, air , my problem is that after i draw an sketch ,i do the next steep, i will search more on diving bell, i was a psub member on the 2003 and viit many sub sites, all the web info about subs, i lost the pressure hull for human ocupancy rules, again for 5 meters and the aligator chase the basic construction technic (jump on it when finished,if resist will work)

8. RSALVAREZ

RSALVAREZ Junior Member

i just saw on ebay a playmobil diving bell, is what i want to try

9. keith66

keith66 Senior Member

Laying in Chatham naval dockyard is a homemade submarine made from four 45 gallon oil drums & dexion angle iron, the conning tower was also a cut of oil drum with hatch attached. It was reputed to have actually dived in a canal and surfaced again.
    The builder who must be a very brave & confident man is also reputed to have survived.

10. RSALVAREZ

RSALVAREZ Junior Member

thanks i am working on the breathable air and co2 scrubers, any good sealed tank will not crush at 10 meters, but in an emergency i must have a good air supply, i am not have a constant income,so i have to digg on the yunk and repair all that can be used for this, like modify a home fire censor to detect co2 levels
    when you dont have money have many dreams about underwater exploration or sky, and when you get the money to acomplish this you cant because you will have to keep this cash for other projects, mainly how to get more money for your last years of life .
    this may be my position i am here looking to build a diving bell with ouut money for the bill´s
    i will not stop as i have this idea since was a child and all my work was just enought to pay bills.