Funding Amnon Mike Cohen's inventions

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by AmnonMikeCohen, Jun 5, 2008.

1. AmnonMikeCohen

AmnonMikeCohen Inventor

Moderator Note (posts split from hull speed thread in the Boat Design Forum):

Given the desire of several members to have this discussion moved, I have moved it to this new thread from the previous thread which was here:

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1220
    I did a fast search in Google for boat “hull speed” max and got 528 hits. I did not open them all because I was laughing too much but here is a gem

:idea: :idea: :idea:
    I wonder if in your search, you came also to read the completely new way of hull design as in my invention, as well as the upgrade option I can offer to all existing boats, yachts and ships; if I ever find the proper partner/inventor so we can let the world know, and so that it does not stay, my own and only for me to use, on my prototype boats?
    In case you like to read or visit this 12 years old website, it is www.SuperiorHulls.com

:!: As there is vast value to this invention, no trade-secrets are shared and no pictures of the invention are shared, so to protect my investment as well as the new partners and investors needed for securing the technology from intellectual pirates and any reverse engineers or design copiers; but I do share real pictures of how the FINS lift the boat on top of its wake, (Not Foils) and there is nothing yet showing the new advanced hull design I have developed. I also share nothing but THE TRUTH and facts of tests already done, in a Tow Tank facility.

2. Nordic Cat

Nordic Cat Senior Member

Oh NO, here we go again. As I suspected there was a link between the 2 sites, same kind of feel and incoherency, wild unsubstantiated claims.

Let's close this thread down

Alan

3. Grant Nelson

Grant Nelson Senior Member

Nah, just warn people that Amnon must be drinking the high octane fuel his boats use... enough that he did not read the thread and be considerate enough to note that the originator of this post pasted away some years ago... but lets encourage some discussion around Mike's post, as while everyone seems to accept his point of view, it can not be that there are those out there that have other views... that we can really learn from too...

4. AmnonMikeCohen

AmnonMikeCohen Inventor

Lets shut Allen down

OH NO, another <removed>, making stupid comments:p

5. AmnonMikeCohen

AmnonMikeCohen Inventor

Open minds help growth

:!: Amnon does not drink and has looked at the posting and responding threads and knows there is life after death on the www at least; as the way the www works is related to finding all searches related to Hull Speed - including this website - and for the people with open mind to new developments in the maritime industry, Amnon is a welcomed wise inventor and not a closed mind person who thinks that nothing new can come to this old industry's collected knowhow - The world is not flat, and hulls' speeds are limited by the limitations of existing knowhow, and Amnon is respectful of Mike and many more like him who are welcomed contributors to sharing knowhow here at this website as well as with the whole industry.
    Amnon, is respectful of Mike, and is considering Mike alive and well and still with us by his afterlife contributions to this website and the industry he cared about; and this old thread will live as long as it is allowed to stay here for us and future readers and visitors to this important website for mariners.

6. kengrome

kengrome Senior Member

Amnon, have you ever sold one of your PowerFins to someone who is willing to talk with me about its real world performance?

If so, are you willing to send me the buyer's email address so I can contact him personally?

7. artemis

artemis Steamboater

Who really is Amnon Mike Cohen?

Just type in amnon mike cohen on your google page. Then focus in on what we've learned here. Very interesting. Bye Mike. :p :p :p

8. AmnonMikeCohen

AmnonMikeCohen Inventor

Pre-Patent Publication strategy for new technologies

A patent publication can hurt the inventor who can not market the invention as soon as even a "provisional patent" application is registered, so the modern strategy is not to disclose or profit from any such "new art".
    This is what I am doing, so the only few who know about my invention are people who had signed our disclosure agreement because they expressed interest in investment or support of the new technology.

As I should not profit from my invention prior to patent application, I have not sold any product, while I do have almost 80 people who actually ordered product, but I had to decline all, and put them on my list, now almost 10 years old for the original ones, because none was able to be a partner or investor as well as initial client.

So for these reasons, the simple answer is, that unless I first can protect this project related to the International marketing of the new Product Line and the Specialized Consulting we shall offer, I shall have to keep its trade secrets and only show what I do show without risking the ownership over the Intellectual Property as well as its important profitable Commercial Project.

This is why, Mr. Ken Grome, there is no one using the technology which exists only on the 2 prototypes I own. The Tow Tank test, as well as the Office of Naval Research for the USA Navy, and the few people who were interested but did not invest for other reasons, are the only ones who had seen what no other client or person have seen, related to this simpler invention I have ready for the market. (I have other inventions, one much more valued and one less valued, which are related to this original discovery based invention I own)

:!: All of this, is to explain to you, why there is no and will not be such client who can verify to you my claims and the truth I am sharing, that some people do not trust; which is theirs choice not to trust the truth I am sharing with the readership of this website as well as my own posted website information of facts you can print and use a documented truth and claims.

9. AmnonMikeCohen

AmnonMikeCohen Inventor

Smart Statement, and what I also suggest for some friends

:!: Yes, Art Emis, this is what I ask friends to do, in order to have a much wider view of my work and new knowhow in other industries and not only to new knowhow related to my Maritime invention for improved hulls and improved fluid dynamics efficiency as in my "Superior Surface Effects Technologies".
    While this may confuse the mariners, because "EchoLogical Machines" invention is only related to my Marine invention by the automation of the production of my yet future "Flying Boats" product line - such search will give everyone who does, the bigger picture of my work in the IT High Tech industry - but for Mariners, I had set up my SuperiorHulls.com website, as it describes only the "PowerFINS" 'UpGrade' product line for existing boats and ships, and hinting to the "Superior Hulls Design" for new construction projects.

So yes, by searching for Amnon Mike Cohen on the web, as I meant it to be, a reader will find me and my work, and it is not another person (As of yet, from my own searches, which I also monitor.)

:idea: Well done Pal, as it is also by design and by my intent, and your posting is a very good insight sharing for all who may like to know more about me and what I am all about (Including personal and other technologies and knowhow information not directly related to my Maritime inventions...)

10. kengrome

kengrome Senior Member

Amnon,

Let me know if you'd like to bring or send one to me so I can install it on the bottom of one of my boats and test it personally. Assuming it work as described and does not negatively affect the boat's performance and handling characteristics I'll consider presenting it to my venture capital investment partners.

11. AmnonMikeCohen

AmnonMikeCohen Inventor

Thanks for you offer, but it does not comply with Patent Laws

The FINS you like to install on a boat you own, will create a problem I have been avoiding, 2 fold.
    1st, as I am not allowed to or let anyone use the invention prior to the patenting process, unless the installation is part of the R&D process by its owners, meaning my boats only and boats the company owns meaning my company needs to own your boat as a test boat or part of the advanced R&D process, and not only to gain your trust or interest the laws do not recognize as investment; and also the 2nd potential problem Venture Capital is not usually suitable for a project like mine, as it is based on financial factors and not suitable terms for the marine industry.

:!: There is a way, for a private or corporate investor or partner to verify and join the project, but it is not suitable discussion for this website which is dedication to news and information sharing by mariners and professionals helping others in many selfless goodwill-sharing ways, so by private emails, we can look into your interest or potential involvement, as I like to respect the owners and users and sponsors of this website which is dedicated for sharing news and general help between mariners, and not for profit or advertising products and services but for sharing better knowhow opportunities and genuine help between readers.

So you are welcome to email me as in my information, and challenge the truth to find out that it is all true, as all I am trying to accomplish at this website, is to explain the news about the yet new invention and its special importance to the future of Maritime Transportation and Recreation Industry, worldwide.

12. kengrome

kengrome Senior Member

I can sell you one of my boats for $1 then your company will own it. Will this comply with your requirement to own the boats the fins are tested on, or are there other requirements or problems with this approach? If so, please tell me what they are ...

A long term client has colleagues who engage in 'angel funding' of new and unproven business ventures. They have wide ranging interests and open minds to anything with serious potential. They are all power boaters. If anyone might be interested in funding such a venture it would be them.

13. Grant Nelson

Grant Nelson Senior Member

humm, I have been many years involved in the commercialization of intellectual capital and property, and my experience is that success it made by those who aggressively market their ideas to investors, and do not focus on protection first. As far as I know your invention is covered from the day you disclose it via patent pending. That gives you 2 years before your patent is approved or denied. In either case if you focus on making business instead of protecting your idea, you will be far far ahead if the idea is valid. You can set up non-disclosure agreements with any of the people here who have offered to test your product and you are fully protected. If you are right, and they support you, then protection is not so important - better yet, you can use your patent as a counter licensing offer to others where you might want their technology, and they yours, or, if you are fighting, a trade in 'payment' so you are both happy with some new product ideas as well as having not paid anymoney for them? Trust is a big factor of course, but that goes both ways.

1 person likes this.
  14. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Amnon;
    You must forgive some of us for our high degree of skepticism. It is most difficult for us to wrap our heads around anything concerning water craft that is truly "revolutionary". You see there have been so many gifted boat designers and researcher who were and are chasing the same dream. You should be familiar with names like Herreshoff, Faltinsen, Hoerner, Fox, Hunt, Hickman,and countless other genius level individuals who have spent lifetimes in the pursuit of excellence. There are numerous universities, throughout the world, who have departments of naval architecture, hydrodynamis, and fluid mechanics. They are bastions of intellectual thought, in pursuit of breakthrough technology. So if we are skeptical, perhaps a bit amused at your presumption, please consider the people and institutions who went before you, and none of them discovered anything genuinely revolutionary.

1 person likes this.

15. AmnonMikeCohen

AmnonMikeCohen Inventor

:!: :):) #2 - As you know this special potential investors seeking good opportunity, can you please have them look at my simple website and better yet, let me send you an email with links to key information to advanced to your client, so he/she/they can be aware of what the opportunity is about first and so that we can look at how we can make it so, that the project is going to move forward and we can share it with the readers of this website, within weeks of any satisfactory partnership or investment agreement.
    Again I am asking to do this off this website, as people who can not contribute or be involved, are not interested in reading our communications; and will be pleased to see the pictures and facts I already have, as many think I have nothing, am a dreamer, un-realistic, not professional, have poor presentation, bad English and a long list of wrong thinking as no one yet has the clear true picture, and I rather not offend or upset readers who love boating and like to see what is "under the hood"
    I also am not happy that almost 80 orders are waiting for this important next phase, when the technology and its information is to be shared here, and the product installed on boats of mariners, some of which had probably given up on my ability to fill the order and make them happy.

So please write to my corporate email or myself ami@islandnet.com for any and all communications related to bringing the technology out to light and sharing it here also in thanks for the good support and help I also found some people offer the technology (Not me, I am just its developer, and it will belong to all future mariners)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.