Anchor winches

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Willallison, Jul 11, 2002.

1. yipster

yipster designer

late again but here promised plank pic. interesting boat building detail to me was the separate top half of the bulkhead
    here how the acces should be, via a deck hatch instead of hinging mirror inside
    dont have the space and think wet moisty anchor lockers are are natural

Attached Files:

2. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

"Volvo has started something of a revolution that is just now getting underway."

TOM,

Perhaps in the controls there is something NEW , but I have Yachting and MoToR BoAtinG issues from 1955 with a US made forward facing prop drive system.

FF

3. tom28571

tom28571 Senior Member

The revolution, also attracting other manufacturers, is in the integration of all propulsion components into a single system controlled by software and purchased as a unit from one supplier. For designers and boatbuilders of high end boats, that is a big deal. Not for me but for many others.

4. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Err - with the exception (and I agree that it is a big exception) didn't we already have that with sterndrives?
    And we did have the complete package already with outboards - Merc's Verado is completely fly by wire....

But you are right Tom - this sort of one-stop-shop packaging is definitely the way of the future - and surely something the industry - or at least consumer's - has been crying out for for years. Nothing more frustrating than having bought a brand new expensive boat, only to find that the boat builder from whom you purchased it doesn't carry the warranty for the million and one things on board. No IPS, Zeus, Verado aren't quite the complete answer, but they are certainly a step in the right direction - at least from that point of view...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.