1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

looking for a Pair of Downriggers for Giant Bluefin fishing

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by WickedGood, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

I am also looking for a Pair of Downriggers for Giant Bluefin fishing next season.

Prefer Electric but will settle for manual.

something like these would be nice.

[​IMG]

Will Barter or Trade or offer you a percentage of the profits from the catch after the Bluefin sells at Auction in Toyoko, Japan

Giant Bluefin Tuna season usually starts in June and runs till Oct. dependant on water temps/weather.

Limit is 1 fish per day and must be over 73 1/2 Inch to be sold.

Usually this means a 300 pound or larger fish. They can get to 1,200 pound for a really big fish.

Market rate in Tokyo auction varies and could be anywhere from $2 to $20 per pound depending on market. There is no way to tell until the bidding starts.

So. If you want to ship me the downriggers and gear, I can offer you 1% of whatever profit the first fish brings in.

Capt Walt

WickedGoodOutdoors@maine.rr.com

http://**********************

send me an email

2. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

All signs indicate record prices being paid this year for Bluefin Tuna

All signs indicate record prices being paid this year for Bluefin Tuna

Bluefin tuna sashimi is a particular delicacy in Japan where at one auction, a single giant tuna sold for more than $100,000 (£80,000) on the Tsukiji fish market in Tokyo.[7][8] The bluefin tuna (including Pacific and Southern fisheries) supports a $7.2 billion industry. In January 2009, a 440 pounds (200 kg) bluefin sold for $173,000. In January 2010, a 232 kilograms (510 lb) bluefin sold for nearly $180,000 at auction in Tokyo, Japan.[9] In January 2011 the 754 pound tuna sold on the Tsukiji fish market in Tokyo for US$396,700 - the highest price for a single fish since records began in 1999

My boat is brand new ,see picture at http://**********************

We can start fishing as soon as the Tuna get into the area, usually in June and will fish thru Oct when the fish migrate south or the season closes when quota is met.

Every day of trips and landings are documented as required by National Marine Fisheries regulations

I need to purchase all new marine electronics. RADAR, Fishinder, GPS Chartplotter, downriggers etc and other equip for Giant Bluefin Tuna fishing as well as licenses, fuel, bait, ice, etc.

In exchange for your investment of the Downriggers you receive 1% from the first Giant Tuna fish we catch this year.

Capt Walt
    (207) 831-6311
    http://**********************

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2011
  3. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

That's a big jump, from 1% of the net to 10% of the gross.

I gave away two of them not too long ago.

How about this? Somewhere in Maine...

http://maine.craigslist.org/spo/2089099562.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.