What to do with these stringers?

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by nrraiders35, Mar 7, 2020.

1. nrraiders35

nrraiders35 New Member

Hi everyone,

I’m brand new to boating. Due to my lack of experience I bought a 17t Red Fin center console with a soft deck. Fortunately I’m pretty decent when it comes to handiwork. After removing the deck this is what I found(pics below). The wood isn’t perfect by any means but seems to be okay. I think the problem is the top of the fiberglass is delaminated. Is this something that can be repaired or am I better off cutting my losses? Any opinions or advice would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

It is not too hard to replace them. At this point you have access to them. Cut them off, grind the bottom and install new ones.

DogCavalry and Rumars like this.