Anchor Handling Ships scaling for different sizes

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by vishal, May 30, 2018.

1. vishal

vishal Junior Member

Hi!
    I have station coordinates(offset table) of a ship. It is of around 75m length and I want to get all station curve equation so that I can scale my ship from 60-100m length and corresponding breadth and depth. My main aim is to get GZ curves for all those ships.

[​IMG]

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

The truth is that what you have is not a big deal. I should start by making a complete model of some of the boats you want to study. Then change the scale as desired but bearing in mind that, although the submerged part can be scaled without further problems, there are things that can not be scaled. For example, the freeboard could be the same for all models, or the height between decks can not be scaled either, it would probably be the same for all of them.
    Although you have published three identical threads, I will not repeat my comment on each of them. Choose the most suitable thread and erase the others.

3. vishal

vishal Junior Member

I'am only concerned about ship's stability curve and maneuvering. Let the scaling factor be 1.2, then will all the points in offset table will get stretched by 1.2? I want to scale ship to get their GZ curves.

Yes! Sir I will delete them but I'am not getting how to erase them. No option is available.

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

As I was saying before, or at least it was what I was trying to say, the length, submerged and draft can be scaled uniformly but, for example for the height to the upper deck (depth), you should adopt a different scale. The GZ curve is influenced by the height of the main deck.

5. vishal

vishal Junior Member

Okay! Thank you for the reply.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.