An in-depth comparison of softwares

Discussion in 'Software' started by Murdock86, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Murdock86

Murdock86 Junior Member

Hi guys... I have this paper that compares different hydrodynamic and CFD packages. As such questions are often asked on here, I thought that sharing this literature could be useful.

Perhaps some of you already have this paper. If not, please find attached.

Attached Files:

2. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

And software has not been updated since 2004?

Isn't that a little out of date?

3. Murdock86

Murdock86 Junior Member

You're right. It would make sense to view this paper keeping that time context in mind. In all honesty though, I haven't found any other modern literature which describes all these softwares. Despite the addition of new features, the basic core of the software doesn't change a lot. At least, in the cases I know.

If someone has a later version or a paper of similar nature, I would love to have a look. This thread is meant to be one where such comparative software studies can be shared. My interest is in radiation-diffraction and strip-theory based hydrodynamic codes, but I can imagine there would be some CFD guys on this forum too! :)

4. CWTeebs

CWTeebs AnomalyGenerator

Way out of date, i.e, not worth reading, in my opinion (especially the sections I read and am familiar about).

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.