Buildding a RUARRI

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by lazerus, Oct 29, 2008.

1. lazerus

lazerus Junior Member

I have never built a boat before and untill it was recommended to me had never thought of doing one in steel.Well here I am taking the first steps in planning it out.
    What I am hoping to achieve with this post is to get a few good tips on things I might not think about and want to avoid some common mistakes.
    Ok the question i way too vague.
    I am going to wait untill the plans come so that I can ask more specific questions.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  2. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

do a search on this site for the steel boatbuilding sections, lots of good info there, see Lazyjacks responses for honest done it befoe info.

3. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

check my website. All stages of steel boat building covered and is mainly aimed to inform the amateur builder...

4. lazerus

lazerus Junior Member

Thanks

This site and the people here are great.Its like having an interactive encyclopedia at my fingertips.
    Wyn your site is a good one

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.