An act of desperattion!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Willallison, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

I apologise up front - this has nothing to do with boats - other than it's preventing me from writing my specifications etc!!
    I run Office 2000 on Windows XP. Somehow someone (or something - I suspect my 3 yr old son...) has managed to make ALL the menu's dissapear from Word. Now I'm unable to make any save anything - or indeed perform any of the normal functions that the toolbars / menu's allow.
    I've right-clicked, left-clicked, searched the help menu's, removed Office and reloaded - you name it, I've tried it....
    Can anyone help - or point towards a place where I might get help...?
    My screen looks as posted below....

Attached Files:

2. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

Um... don't know how they did that. can you find anything that looks like "Options" or "Preferences"? silly question I suppose.

You could use OpenOffice instead http://www.openoffice.org

It will load/save any microsoft document, and has pretty much the same interface. I've found it's more stable too, The spreadsheet provided with it isn't great but (on Linux at least) you can do things like PDF outputs directly.

Tim B.

3. Andrew Mason

Andrew Mason Senior Member

4. Willallison

Yippee! Fixed it!:D
    Damaged registry key...
    Typical - I no sooner bother you guys with all my drama's - having tried to fix this for weeks - than I stumble across a similar link to the one posted by Andrew...
    Thanks Gents:p :p :p

5. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

An act of desperation !

Hey Will - glad you got the problem sorted...But maybe ASIO picked up something 'political' among your phrasing.....:D :D :D :D

6. Willallison

:d :d Lol!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.