amphibian

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by richard gray, Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myark

myark Senior Member

I agree, however a patent is needed for monopoly to license, without this it’s worthless to a manufacturer.

His trusty design, which was originally rejected by tool companies, has sold an estimated 30 million units around the world, with 60,000 selling in the UK last year alone.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...e-inventor-DIY-possible-millions-dead-78.html
    The story of Ron Hickman is an excellent case in point. Just because an idea is not instantly popular, it does not mean it is not a good idea.

2. myark

myark Senior Member

Hydromobile (1942)
    This one is on display in the Auto Mobil museum in Loheac France, but was build in the USA.
    It has a fully wooden superstructure and retractable wheels (three),
    There for the vehicle can plane on the surface of the water.
    Engine: 8 cylinder 4700 cc
    Speed land: 140 water: 45 km/h

Attached Files:

3. Jeremy Harris

Jeremy Harris Senior Member

Myark,

If you want to create a spam thread to just post endless pictures of your "inventions" then why not start your own dedicated thread, rather than stampede all over the one started by the original poster of this thread (who now seems to have had his interesting project completely buried by your stuff)?

4. myark

myark Senior Member

Please be more polite or take your jabbing to other sites like face book.
    peace to you

5. Jeremy Harris

You're the one that's taken over another forum members thread, so I would suggest that you are the one that is being impolite and not observing normal forum etiquette here.

If I had been the member who had started this thread about one of my own projects I'd have asked the moderators to remove your posts to a more appropriate thread.

6. myark

myark Senior Member

If you read all my post they are similar as other members on this thread, most mine are amphibians that go fast on water besides been sidetracked defending my designs against your insults.
    None of your post has had anything to do with amphibians?
    Please be more polite as I mean you no disrespect.

7. Jeremy Harris

I've not insulted you once, nor have I been impolite. I've simply pointed out that you've posted around 30% of the posts on richard grays thread about his project, none of them comments on his build.

Posting streams of posts that are not referring to the original posters project and specific engineering challenges is taken to be impolite.

I cannot understand why you didn't start your own thread about your own specific project, that way richard gray's thread could get back on track as a thread discussing his specific build. That would, I believe, be the polite and proper thing to do.

8. myark

myark Senior Member

Jeremy
    Peace and love to you

9. dskira

dskira Previous Member

Jeremy as a very good point.
    Myark you always show multiple post in almost every thread of your so call invention. Nice the first time, but very boring when repeated at nausea.
    Even the TV guy didn't find you very interesting after you took over his thread.
    So open a new thread dedicated to yourself, and then you can post all you want, even a shrine to yourself and your immense contribution to the boating world and human kind. I am sure you will have a lot of posting from all over.

10. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

Richard Gray.Just as well you checked out other websites for your information and it looks like you are getting a good field of of ideas from people who should know their onions.
    Stick with your project.

11. myark

myark Senior Member

Hi Richard Gray

http://www.amphibiousvehicle.net/amphi/Wa_Yz.html

Sorry about the late reply about the Westphalen prototype which you may find more information you need by contacting the web site that these pictures come from.
    Its the best site for history and ideas of amphibious vehicles, they even placed my folding trailer barges on some many years ago http://www.amphibiousvehicle.net/amphi/M_O.html
    Hows your project going ?

Westphalen prototype 03 (1973)

Wilhelm Westphalen has build an high speed Amphib with a flat bottom.

The front and rear wheel are retractable in individual compartments.
    The front wheel compartment can be close by horizontal sliding door panels.
    The rear wheels are simply moved up to the rear above water level.

The propeller can also be lowered and raised.

Engine is mounted between the front wheels and drives only the front wheels and the propeller.

Vertical movement of the wheels and prop-shaft is by electric motors.

Attached Files:

12. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

I think that there is only one practical way to travel over water and land for a small personal transport vehicle which is what I prefer.
    Please don`t tell me it would not be efficient.. it`s being done all over the world but not quite like the vehicle in the image.

Attached Files:

13. myark

myark Senior Member

Hi Tom
    I have searched amphibious craft for many years now such as the web site http://www.amphibiousvehicle.net/amphi/M_O.html that shows much of the past attempts but really no one has managed to make an amphibian that is affordable with next to no maintenance.
    The two pontoons on the aircraft is exactly what I have designed for the Myark folding trailer pontoons in many versions with the latest one on the drawing board that weighs 400 kg and is 1m wide X 1.2m high and 6m Long that unfolds like a garage door in seconds to 2.8m wide that has built in ramps to quickly drive aboard.
    In the near future I will manufacture in China which is my home besides Thailand for a price people can afford, also the trailer is built into the structures cutting cost yet again and titanium suspensions including the hubs and stubs that have DIY replaceable rubber cords for the torsions bar that cost $2 each cord cutting the weight down yet again.
    My aim is to sell these for around $10.000 USD which can float 2.5 ton safely in rough seas.
    When I travel in comfort to remote lakes, rivers and coastal waters to uninhabited islands it gives a sense of freedom and at last away from the rat race.
    For example on my early proto type I made a film on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDfSuAtiVkQ the most wilderness lake in north island NZ, you are not allowed to camp around that lake which you can with your camper in a remote beach setting or small island as shown in the film including going up streams and park in front of a water fall that lead into the lake.
    In the summer time the campers do park in the camper ground that are expensive and are packed like rats on the far edge of the lake and need to walk around the lake that takes two days, no tents are allowed on the shore lines.
    With the Myark pontoon when take the camper of it can be used as a speed boat to quickly sight sea the large lake area while parking on an island.

14. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Hey Myark: are you not getting the hint? Start your own thread and stop spamming others.

15. myark

myark Senior Member

Rick Grey

amphibians

Myarklease try to send any info on your reply to amphibians, i saw a photo of Westphalen design , and what to connect with there site if possible to get design /performance ideas. Thanks rick gray