amphibian

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by richard gray, Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

I can understand you haven't got the money, the time, the whatever to provide the solution - just please don't bother promoting it until you can actually provide something.

Please feel free to share your ideas, the concept ... whatever, but your first post was totally unclear that you were still in development stage. You were quoting all the statistics, performance, costs, benefits etc

Then, afterwards, you admitted that you don't have the product.

Its annoying - <removed>

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2013
  2. myark

myark Senior Member

a future amphibian design

Attached Files:

3. myark

myark Senior Member

Rwatson
    Having a bad day are we
    I can only giggle <removed>.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2013
  4. myark

myark Senior Member

The GR 5 titanium suspension hubs and axles I designed and developed in China ready to be placed in the new design Myark trailer barge.
    The rubber cords are easily replaced for $1 each cord.
    Note the grease nipple at back of axle out of harm’s way that keeps the grease pressure on bearings making it marine proof.
    The new design Myark I will make soon that cost retail $10.000 including titanium suspension axles and hubs that can make any 2000 kg car amphibious, also it folds in three, 1.m wide X 1.1 high and 2.8 unfolded weighing 400kg including built in trailer that retracts when unfolded.

Attached Files:

5. jonr

jonr Senior Member

Regarding non-retractable wheels, I think that one located in a well, forward and in the keel would naturally be up out of the water while under way. Planing on fixed wheels on the transom - that depends very much on speed and is unlikely to be efficient.

6. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

I think I will continue with my air propulsion and ground effect vehicles and air boats with horizontal fan.I want a smooth ride and proven systems. a converted helicopter is a good place to start. Then I want a diesel lightweight power plant. I do not want to travel at high speeds just safely.

7. myark

myark Senior Member

Hi Tom
    I thought this was a good low cost air propulsoin idea in New Zealand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ih_KBru6Co&eurl=http://beta.nowmov.com/&feature=player_embedded#

8. myark

myark Senior Member

This is another Kiwi with air boat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj2iVNuqU1Q although 20 years ago I had talked to an inventor of the air boat that had a V8 stood on its end and was a lot more powerfull.

9. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

10. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

I hope Richard gray creates something more practical than the other many amphibians, I do not know why many opt for water jets of which most demand at least over 100 HP to go anywhere.

11. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

how can you say you designed this suspension. if alko see it they might disagree. this is a copy of alko rubber suspension.

Attached Files:

• irs.jpg
      irs.jpg
      File size:
      7.7 KB
      Views:
  12. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

what about something like an open wheel sports car where the mudguards could be turned 180 degrees in the water to become 4 planing surfaces under the tyres.

13. Jeremy Harris

Jeremy Harris Senior Member

I agree, that exact design has been around for years, I've used exactly the same rubber bar and square tube torsion arm system on at least half a dozen trailers I've built over the years. Nothing much new or novel in ripping off someone else's design and having it copied in China..................

14. richard gray

richard gray Junior Member

DIS Stortion

OUCH: copying is a form of flattery!!maybe it is an improvement?

15. richard gray

richard gray Junior Member

Tom; i have never had a jet drive,so i am interested in them. typical 21 century ,go in circles in a hurry!! cannot call it cruising. no one tells you about going slower with a jet and even if it is at all semi efficient in an logical percentage? so convert to a surface drive?