Amatuer Looking for Solution

Discussion in 'Software' started by Keith King, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Keith King

Keith King Junior Member

Dear Computer Masters,

I need a device that can signal an electric exhaust valve, fuel/air injector, fire a spark plug and vary the speed of the cycle. Is there something available that could preform this function?

Sincerely,

Keith

2. Dutch Peter

Dutch Peter Senior Member

One device for all functions, at the same time!!???
    Might it be called ignition control?
    I think you need to post this in an other thread!

3. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

How good are you with control electronics? would a programmable IC (search "Basic Stamp" for more info) be a possibility, I have used them and they are simple to program. You may need some high current control electronics to go with it but there is probably enough info on the web to build it yourself. Incidentally, on a similar note, I have considered building a computer-controlled monitoring/activation system, but I have as yet to get a spare computer and a big enough boat to make it worthwhile. I agree with Dutch Peter though, it is engine management or ignition control depending on what you program it to do.

Cheers,

Tim B.

4. Keith King

Keith King Junior Member

Greeting Tim,

I know nothing of electronics. I need a device that can do those things to act as the "brain" on a new "Squid" type engine. I know how to do these controls mechanically, electronics would just eliminate a few moving parts and be more practical. Thanks for the response. I'll be learning about ignition control now.

Later,

Keith

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.