Ama spray

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by rubyjeaan, Apr 2, 2012.

1. rubyjeaan

rubyjeaan Junior Member

I just sent off for a Horstman MT 26 plans. My question is, if using trampoline mesh will it help to keep the spray under control. Kinda new to tri's. This is a folding tri. Michael..

2. cavalier mk2

cavalier mk2 Senior Member

Good news on the plan front Michael. I've seen production folders and open wing tris with tramp sections that are tight/closed weave to cut down on spray, anything less than a net has to help some. Another approach is to have a ply walkway board tied into the netting. It is sort of funny because open wing boats then don't have the wind pressure under the wing advantage over solid deck tris any more, which you don't need if you don't fly the main hull way out of the water. The cabin overhang on the MT 26 should help some too. You'll figure out what you need when you get sailing, for low cost I suggest commercial fishing net to start out with and adding a walkway board after you see where it does the most good.

3. rubyjeaan

rubyjeaan Junior Member

Thank You for your reply, I was hoping it would help. My only tri is one I built in 1980, a Cross 18. It was a real kick to sail, but I generally had tto wear my wet suit on cool day's. Michael..

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.