Dragonfly 920 home build?

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by starboard, May 4, 2007.

1. starboard

starboard New Member

Hello everyone.

I am new to this forum, and new to multihulls, but my next boat will be a home built multihull.

I was hoping someone may know of a design similar to that of a Dragonfly DF920 Extreme, but one designed for home construction. I hope to use composite construction, and build something fast, with comfortable weekend accomodation.

However, if the project ends up looking like it would take several years (2+) to get to the water, I may think again and go towards a simpler harbour racer type yacht. I would probably look to get to the sailing boat stage, and do interior fitout further down the line.

Objectives are fast weekend harbour sailing, and short coastal hops, rather than a liveaboard, long term cruising yacht. I would say speed on all points of sail, ease of construction, and construction time were my main constraints, rather than the large accomodation, massive load carrying capacity goals of cruisers.

Open to all suggestions!

Cheers
    Lee.

2. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

3. raw

raw Senior Member

Lee,

I've got a plan set for an 8m home build racing catamaran that might suit your needs. Initially designed as cedar glass, but could be adapted to foam/glass/carbon etc depending on what you would like to do.

Send me a private message and I'll get you some details.

raw

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.