Aluminum Fuel lines

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Katoh, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Dean Smith

Dean Smith Previous Member

the material used in HIGH pressure for such brand fitting as Swagelok is softer unpolished I do not know if you can buy there. I would not anneal as you will just have to repolish . But I have used the hard polished on high pressure lines, winches and capstans with swages and they gave no trouble
    Cant you borrow a bender? the tool you have should not bend or break even with a powerful man swinging on it
    you are going to have to use synthetic tails so why not go whole way with it, you can buy push over tube and you will not get it off , requires no clips onto a tail

Attached Files:

2. Katoh

Katoh Senior Member

Dean
    That is nice bending, I tried again with the stainless I have and no-chance, with manual benders, hydraulic benders maybe ok.
    Just searching through the Swagelok catalog and came across this.
    http://www.swagelok.com/search/find...-48&item=8e5fa046-f888-48fe-8a21-4e62a06b140f
    Wow best of all worlds flexible 316 line with threaded fittings both sides.
    Could this be the best thing? sizes up to 3m in length too, also up to 50mm 2" dia could even be great for the raw water system, and freshwater cooling on the motor?
    Its just getting more confusing!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.