RC hydroplane

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Letniq, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Letniq

Letniq New Member

Hi, guys :)
    This is a project I'm working on it. :)
    It's a model of RC hydroplane. I intend to produce a real rc model. For now it's just on my computer. :)
    The design of the hull is mine. After finishing it I will 3d print it in real size so I can make a negative template and produce several pieces for me and my father beacause We are both RC fans and We often go competitions :) The hull is already finished just some small adjusments left. I'm working on some small details outside :) The model will go around 70-80 km/h. Powered by Lehner 1535 Brushless motor. The lenght of the boat is around 600mm. If you have any suggestions It will be great to hear them. I'm not quite sure about the front sides hulls. May be they will be a bit longer. :)
    If someone can suggest me a some program to import the hull and test the aerodynamic and hydrodynamic it will be great. :)
    All comments are welcomed :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

An interesting configuration. What are the main dimensions of the model?

3. Letniq

Letniq New Member

Middle hull
    length: 450mm;
    width 60mm;
    height 56mm;

Side hulls
    length: 176mm goint to 210mm;
    width: 30mm gointo to 40mm; the tests will show is 40 better than 30 and then I will decide.

Overall
    length: 495mm --> 529mm;
    width: 283mm;

4. scda

scda New Member

hydro

Nice design.
    I'll look forward to it!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.