Aluminium Jetboat Hull

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Cmar-Ireland, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Cmar-Ireland

Cmar-Ireland New Member

Hi All,

Hello from a newbie from Ireland!!!
    I was browsing the 'net looking for jetboat info, and I found this site. Haven't had a chance to read much from it yet, but from what I have seen, it looks great.
    My question is, Is there a resourse or member on here that can supply templates for a jetboat hull. I would like to try to construct one, in aluminium, similar to the New Zealand style JetSprint boats. However, I would like to try for one between 4 - 5m with seating for four or five. I want to go with the aluminium hull due to the water I would be using it on having shallow areas and submerged logs etc.
    I have no previous experience except for driving my friends Scottjet boat.

Is there anyone here, or a resourse where I could find some info?

Cheers
    Ciaran

2. fiberglass jack

fiberglass jack Senior Member

you will have to buy plans or design one yourself you should be able to buy one for a good price lots of work in building one some times its easier to just buy one second hand and remodle it the way you want it where in the 32 are you

3. Cmar-Ireland

Cmar-Ireland New Member

Hi Jack,

I am in Co Kildare, you familar with it?
    What kind of cost are a set of plans/design?

4. fiberglass jack

fiberglass jack Senior Member

use to live in naas as a kid , not sure how much plans will cost

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.