Aluminium boat 5938x2266 (mm)

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Nevres_30, May 28, 2018.

1. Nevres_30

Nevres_30 Junior Member

3D model worked in in module sheetmetal solidworks 2014 ( revers engeenering)
    CNC files for cutting (developed lenght -dxf files)
    documentation for bending
    documentation for montage

Attached Files:

2. JSL

JSL Senior Member

looks like a good start
    comments:
    a) I don't see any access ports (hatches, manholes, etc) to the bilge. Make sure ALL areas of the boat are accessible for at least a visual check during maintenance, damage assessment, or repair.
    b) check you don't have any stress risers or "hard spots".
    c) there does not appear to be any 'jig', 'template' or reference markings on the parts to align them during assembly.
    d) does not appear to be any hull side framing for'd of amidships. Heavy weather could stove the side in... I have seen this on several mass produced aluminum boat brands.

3. Barry

Barry Senior Member

I agree with JSL about the continuation of the side stiffeners. You could omit the vertical member that you have the current stiffeners terminating on and run them out, taper them out toward the bow. These are excellent places to store rods,
    gaffs, washdown poles, etc

The lightening holes, at least that I am assuming they are in the stringers are located quite high. If you are welding on an aluminum floor it does not really matter ( as compared to bolting on a floor) If you are not, then they should be located further down the web of the stringer to a point closer to the neutral axis of the combination of the relevant bottom of the hull and vertical stringer. Again, if the floor is plug welded to the stringers, it will not be a problem.

The outboard motor mount area is of some concern. As shown, the horizontal mounting cross member is much below the engine mounting point. So close to the ventilation plate that in a following sea or when you come of plane, you will have about 500 pounds of water roll over the back. The drain appears to be inadequate to drain this fast enough.

As the cockpit space does not appear large for fishing, I would redesign this area so that in essence you move the transom to the back of boat, build a correct height engine well, ie higher to keep water out, and use the extended cockpit volume of moving the transom back to store the items that you have in the storage locations that are now within the cockpit. With access from inside the boat

With the extended cockpit space, you would be able to also add a combination storage/ seat behind the console as you should have a place to sit if you are trolling

Make room for downrigger pads if you are going to use them

Regarding the center console. There is not enough detail here but we have seen many center console attachments cause issues with fatigue cracking. The main boat hull in rough seas will cause the hull to twist/flex and the console
    CAN create a hard spot. Many times the welds between the console and floor or stringers, depending on the design would crack. I am thinking that if you have a welded floor, this MIGHT not be a problem. If it were a boat that
    we were building, I would build the console separately and bolt it through reinforced stringers.

Provide mounting points for anodes and transducers that do not require you to drill through the transom

Find a way to increase the size of the dash to mount depth sounders, vhf, gauges etc. It looks pretty small so that you then end up with having a lot of this type of electronics on pedestal mounts,

4. Nevres_30

Nevres_30 Junior Member

5. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I see a special detail in the definition of the fishing rods but I do not see how the ribs on the side are (I suppose they exist). I see a lot of detail in some parts of the outboard motor but I do not see enough reinforcement in the mirror to support it. For the rest, it is a nice bota.

6. Nevres_30

Nevres_30 Junior Member

Can i here sell drawings, and where i must upload my models for that. I have more models 6 and 4.5 meters.

7. Nevres_30

Nevres_30 Junior Member

8. Nevres_30

Nevres_30 Junior Member

9. Nevres_30

Nevres_30 Junior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.