aluminium windows fabrication

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by carlos bairo, Mar 21, 2009.

1. carlos bairo

carlos bairo Junior Member

wondering if it poisble to fabricate my aluminium windows from extrucion or chanal and the best way to build them on a radius corners of 45/90degree the boat is aluminium under constrution. welcome with any other advice or idea , looking to my budget ready make wuindows will be very difficult,looking at aus $3.5ooo. regards carlos ,,,,,,,,,,

2. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

carlos,

Do you want them to be opening, if not there is no problem, it is an alloy boat, so make the frames out of alloy plate, cut out to suit.

The glass can be set inside the cabin by making internal framing and Sika them in (from the outside).

3. carlos bairo

landlubbr'''''' thanks for you sugestion,the problem to make out of plate in my case is the waste of plate on the total 8 off wuindows that whose the case on the other 21fut alloy boat that i build beafore.more then half 1200x2400plate waste. only 2 off windows will be opening ,that the case i am looking other solucion with the fabrication on extrutions or chanel . regards CARLOS

4. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

carlos, if the boat is a sea boat, the cutout plates can be made into deadlights, that way there is no waste.

5. carlos bairo

landluber''''''thanks for you response and help to find the best way to build the frames you got a god idea but my consern is the look of the boa cavin,theboat that i buiding is a tug 21/.6fut alloy TITAN from G L MARIN desaing ,and as you know the windows in a boat make the god or bad style. i amlooking to kept in toch to exchange ideas and progects kinds regards carlos bairo