Swine flu

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Frosty, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Well,---I got it. 38.6 temperature ,head ache from hell and my skin feels like I have been BBQ. My bones ache like I have been run over by a bus.

My missus isn't very well either,--thats what you get for going to 6 supermarkets in one day.

I cant get Tamiflu unless I go the the hospital and get diagnosed.

If it don't get worse it aint that bad.

That new Star Trek movie is crap,--absolute crap. Some silly cow has a baby in the first 5 minutes. I don't think I will ever see another trek movie ever again,----errr not because of the flu.

2. masalai

masalai masalai

Frosty, a baby what? - in the cinema or on screen? and I got an alert as new thread? - - days to months ago????

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

She had a baby Capt Kirk,--yeah stupid init?

This is supposed to be set in 3018 and the crew are still fighting each other over this and that ,infact Capt Kirk is never in the movie without a bust lip.

The whole point of Treking was to get a glimpse of the future,!!! well it don't looked to have improved much if we as humans still lash out at others driven by emotion,--but hey,-----Its an American movie and thats what they think is normal.

Lots of guns and flashing and warp factor 4 ****, and of course the silly airships that bank as they go round corners. Will some one tell Hollywood that airships dont bank in space ---there is no air.

Again,---- for the American market or people under 8.

4. masalai

masalai masalai

Maybe they actually went back in time when the earth was flat and there was air in space because it was so much smaller then (size of a "sound-studio" :D:D?) and there was gravity and they used the same set as the lunar landing.... - Is this the drivel thread? - - - - - Oh yes "Pigs fly" hehehe

On a boating matter, is yours sorted now?

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Im not on the boat, I am at my house in Pattaya. But I am collecting info and parts to complete when I return but that wont be for a while because it rains a hell of a lot in Malaysia at this time so Im not going back for a while.

Should be completed in time to give the engines thier 2009 run.

Actually sometime in Jan I shall be taking her to Satun in Thailand for a haul out. That will be going on for 2.5 years on the Jotun antifouling.

You can see the yard http://www.pss-satun.com/wherearewe.html

6. mark775

mark775 Guest

Frosty, one doesn't really get a glimpse of the future from sci-fi movies and if one is flying through space, and turns, if a bank is not performed, the contents of the craft will launch. Did you buy that line about anti-gravity/(anti-inertia)? It's just a movie!
    3679354057_982d3ddf2b_o.jpg
    Nanu, Nanu...or whatever.

7. masalai

masalai masalai

But movies do show the psychology and attitudes that will be seen in the communities of their creators.... - ergo your above photo... :D:D:D (is the short fat one male?)

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Exactly my point mark,--the Treky movies were as close as you could get.

If you need to "bank" in a turn then how come people can walk the Corridors of the USS Enterprise oblivious while Spok hits the Warp button? Yet they hang on to thier seat when they fire a missile.

There is some **** Sci Fi stuff but the treks were good and they tried very hard to make it be,---until now where we seem to be back to 8 year olds enertainment.

In the original trek series the producers tried to answer most queries viewers had,---- such as money raised its head on one episode and they had credits,---they were paid from the government in credits, purchases were deducted.

The fictitious ion engines that drives the Enterprise is now a reality.

Are you the one on the left or right? I hope your on the left.

I did'nt know jodpurs was the Trek uniform? you probably don't know what jodpurs are do you.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.