Alternator problem

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by topcatii, Jul 17, 2009.

1. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

wow..... I am going to print that and put it on the wall ...I also know about checking out your diesels to be sure they are not your problem re turbo pressue and power valves if you get back to me

many thanks for your confidence ..steve

2. Carioca

Carioca Junior Member

So why is the WL wired up in conjunction with the dynamo ?

What is the reason for the WL to go out automatically - provided all is well, of course - following successful engine start up and the dynamo attaining idling speed ? How mysterious ??

Some care is required as they are somewhat deceptive. Innocent looking, but could entail more than an aspirin if rubbed up the wrong way !

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

This poster has repeatedly shown a desire for argumentive behavior. A quick scan of his brief career here indicates he's nit picked and argued on every thread he's participated in.

Of course now I'll be the subject of his latest rant and with me being the illogical and usually foolish poster that I am, will let him run with it. This is truly a sin as he's clearly got some experience and intelligence

4. CDK

CDK retired engineer

My guess is he first drops us a question, then reads up on wikipedia to contradict us.

5. Carioca

Carioca Junior Member

There is an 'over-70% chance' that you may be right !

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.