Allow me to introduce myself....

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by seanconnett, Aug 24, 2003.

1. seanconnett

seanconnett Junior Member

Hi All,
    I've posted a few times in the forum and I thought it would be nice of me to tell you who I am and what I'm doing here.

Since I was a kid I've always been interested in boat designs.
    I would devour every book I could get my hand on that had line drawings and design descriptions. Unfortunately I never followed my heart when it came time to make a decision on which paths I was going to take. Instead I got out of High School, avoided college and went to work as crew on private and charter yachts. A few years later I joined the United States Coast Guard and 13 years later I am still there.

Now it's time for me to learn more about the subject that has always roamed the hallways of my mind. In order to start my new journey I have sent in my application to Westlawn and await their response.

To be honest, I don't know what my goals are in this endeavour, except to learn. For today thats enough for me. I do hope that as time progresses I can take part in the design discussions that are in these forums and learn from the experience and knowledge that is kindly shared by others. I am grateful that such a forum exists and look forward to sharing ideas and opinions with all of you.

v/r
    Sean

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.