earth race

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by longliner45, Mar 20, 2007.

1. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

,yesterday ot today ,,march 19 or 20,,earth race was involved in a terrible wreck ,,,one missing ,,not jumping to conclusions ,,till all facts are in ,,,,,anyone know anything ? ,,,,what a drag,,,,,,my sympathys for the missing man and all others involved ,they were makin the dream happen ,,,,,longliner

2. Roly

Roly Senior Member

3. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

once again the old addage,,belive nothing you hear and half of what you see ,,,,,,our local news reported that (earth race) was running with no lights , and the crew member was from earth race , ,,still dont point fingers untill we know ,,,,sad situation,as for govt officials ,,,,were is your civilitly? how dare they treat these men with anger ,Im asking where is are diplomates,,, where is our ambassitors ,,,,time for them to earn thier money,,,,,,,,,,,,sadly ......longliner

4. SouthernCross

SouthernCross Junior Member

5. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

They'll get hammered! Guatamalia was never known to be fair!, going to fast, not keeping a proper lookout etc. Unfortunately they've shown Guatamalia up in the eyes of the world (they don't give a flying fcuk for the fishermen)Should have gone very qu............. hit a log.............wrong I know but...........5h1t happens! but hell what do I know about it?

6. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Regardless of the details, it's a terrible tragedy. It seems that the Earthrace crew did everything possible to get to the third fisherman, and they certainly pulled out all the stops to keep the badly injured man alive, hopefully saved his life, but having one person dead is horrible. The reports I've seen all appear consistent, but it's too soon to really know what happened.

7. SouthernCross

SouthernCross Junior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.