Air injection for planing hulls

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by CDK, Feb 3, 2008.

1. AmnonMikeCohen

AmnonMikeCohen Inventor

NO WE ARE NOT FROM KENYA & I AM NOT OFFERING SOMETHING I DO NOT HAVE!

1st) English is not a language I shall ever master, as it has to evolve to my clearer thinking in another, yet older natural language.
    2nd) My reply to what many already had shared as you do, in good spirit indeed and as you state, is that "we throw the package the gifts come in, as we keep just the gifts we like to keep", so my gift is presented unwrapped and not made attractive to attract an investor, or to catch a fly (From Kenya), but my gift is to interest a mariner who like myself wishes to take the industry into its next future evolution which is in harmony with ecology (Not much market value there, except in Europe) as well as bring us money and profits and thanks plus respect.

Now up here in Canada, noting you are there under (On Top if you see it from your sky) we believe we can teach the Australians some new technologies your champs had not yet devised, while you do hold a real big share of advanced designs and winnings on open waters - so please accept my respects in my hope for fair-play from your good people!

I do thank you for your writing as you have put me into a good mood, in the cold winter we are having - and I wish I was there now, in the sun with you good people.

(Please note, Philip at INCAT did not choose to respect my original input into the now DEAD Pacificats which were constructed for our British Columbia Ferries, and my invention was and still is the only savior of these 3 cat's...)

2. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Hi Ammon

Its good that you have no problem understanding english TO you, and I think I understand the English FROM you enough to continue the conversation (if I read it a couple of times ).

I, and perhaps others may be puzzled about how you wish to proceed. I got the impression from previous posts that you are not rich enough to fully patent and develop the product, but you are very wary about divulging any of the details, of course.
    I see your situation as a problem, for the following reasons
    1) If someone builds a boat using your invention, they will have the method.
    2) If you consult in the design of a boat, they will have the method
    3) If you provide enough info to someone who wants to pay for a licence, they have the method
    4) If you get paid to educate people on the technology, they have the method

I am puzzled about how you want to proceed with your "product" development. I am sure there will be very few people who will offer any type of financial support until they get a lot more detail.

How is it that you plan to proceed ?

Cheers

Ray

1 person likes this.
  3. AmnonMikeCohen

AmnonMikeCohen Inventor

On my website, I have already offered the initial answers

My humble website includes my proposed Executive Summary of my Business strategy plan, which is found @ http://www.SuperiorHulls.com/SHIBusinessStrategyPlan.html and there is also a 55 page Business Plan for the project, in a PDF document.

I like these, to attract the person who will meet my commitment and we then simply go ahead with a plan we agree on, as I expect the partner or investor, to have some new and other contributing positive input, as well as be already knowledgeable about the industry and option we may have, and expect him/her/them in some way to be already connected or active within the industry, with a team a company a facility, ideas and options - or even it may be a mariner who just love to take the project to the next step.
    As soon as we can be showing and demonstrating and publishing plus starting to be serving my existing clients and also initiating the marketing of the products and services we can offer, which are related to the yet new invention, everyone will know the basic way these Fins are attached to a hull, and how these work, and we then will be having to be more focused on sharing all the knowhow with the world, so boat owners and ship owners can gain the benefits I am writing about and claiming as safe and beneficial, and these will be boats' and ships' owners who will choose to trust the technology and our ability to service its secured use. (There is some homework related to patent and insurance issues I have in place to be implemented as well, and not only the new business development initiative I believe you are asking about.)

It is the Opening of the door for business that is the only holdup I have, as I see it, and it will be derived first by the trust and interest of the proper person, and then-after by our way of protecting our incorporated interests in serving the vast open markets worldwide and protecting our clients from obtaining the wrong products which will not be licensed for safe use, so that only the proper product is installed on each boat or ship or a class of watercrafts - and this, I expect will be our key focus, from the time we open for business and will be sharing our knowhow with the mariners who like our products and services. (By employing a new impressive website, and opening a global business office etc...)
    There will be efforts for Racing and Advertising, gathering Testimonials from our clients and verifying the facts as to improved performance and economy on many vessels and not only on our sets and demonstration boats, and there will be news making, and publishing articles in key selected professional publications, and I already have in place the ideas of following the standard way we shall have to "Fight our way to success and recognition" within the Maritime Industry, on International Basis, from our staring point.

believe me, I like it to be known, but can not prostitute the technology to the wild markets, as it will end up sick and unfit for future use, without the inside knowhow of the simple looking invention, and its real promising future designed hulls.

I hope this is not only a plan or a personal dream, because it is not much fun to have the only fun boat in the world which fly by the power of a marine engine!

4. intrepid71

intrepid71 Junior Member

5. kach22i

kach22i Architect

6. juiceclark

juiceclark Previous Member

I've looked at hundreds of private equity financings of new projects over the last 20 years. The ones to be wary of are the grand inventions that will change an industry...all with few details. The best was a metal shredder in Mexico for CA autos - hardly genius.
    Hey Cohen, do you want me to link you to a few good Venture Capital firms? BoatDesign.net is an awesome site for brainstorming design ideas, but we all are quite curious why you would try to sell an idea here? If there is anywhere your idea is likely to be stolen it is right here. Moreover, this is the most skeptical group your idea will face.
    Find potential investors, qualify them and sell them. Mitt Romney was a great private equity financier...and I just heard he now has some free time.

Tony in Sw FL

7. CDK

CDK retired engineer

Dear AmmonMikeCohen,

I started this topic because I do not want to invent a wheel that will not turn, so I am interested in success and failures from other people.
    Turning the boating world upside down or even starting a business is not my objective. I passed that line long ago and am only interested in pursuing some old ideas I could not find the time for when I was president of an electronics company.
    Before drilling holes in my boat's hull I want to learn as much as possible about similar experiments.

From you I learn nothing.

Your website looks like the Christmas tree in a Chinese restaurant: it hurts the eye, yet has nothing to offer but unsubstantiated claims. In my wild days a owned a Glastron-Carlson CV23 and let my wife take pictures while running over choppy water at 65 knots. Just the Mercruiser tail in the water, no hull contact, no friction. That would look great on your website, wouldn't it?
    Look at my posts "Marinising VW turbo diesel engines" and "DIY tunnel drives". I have nothing to hide, feel free to use any idea you may find there.

8. AmnonMikeCohen

AmnonMikeCohen Inventor

;) TONY, thanks for your help and frankness, but it is first my intent to bring the news about my successful work to this group, as they/we are committed to good and new marine designs, and to helping information flows and sharing plus help, and many if not few, do know people who may benefit from knowing about the opportunity to bring advancement to the industry and profiting or benefiting from it.
    My second intent, is to locate the proper partner or investor, so I can post and share more and all my news, and not keep it under The HOOD, as it will be frustrating to us all, if it does not come about sooner then later.

:!: Now I do not know Mitt Romney and if he is a mariner, but if you do, please let me know.

I already have met and shared information with members, privately also, as far as Italy and Norway about the opportunity for a factory, shipyard or designer to capture the interests of a client as well to create the first one with the FINS on or with The Hull.

I also found most people are not Pirates, and this is a good membership of sailors and designers, novice and readers who care to know, old-timers, masters and so many good people, most are very helpful and like to see new technologies come to light, so I do trust this group of people, and hope you also accept my positive experience, as a very cautious inventor who is wise about not loosing his life's work by giving it away in a foolish way.

:confused: Looking forward to having Mitt Romney contact me or how to contact him - if he is a good man for the Maritime Industry.

Best regards to your BIG project I see in your gallery...

9. AmnonMikeCohen

AmnonMikeCohen Inventor

Just to add, from my knowladge

The original invention, was just that, it was an invention on paper and not a result of a study of a concept or idea, and they found out the expensive disappointing way many go by, the flaws of the design, which was and still is to its copiers, LEAKING of Injected Air, in open seas that are not calm like a swimming-pool.

Please take note, that you can legally register an idea or concept - without any facts or relationship to life, nature, reality, markets, needs and so on. It is like writing a poem, a song, a story etc'. It can be classified as NEW ART, but as most inventions, no value! no use! no interest! no hope!!!

What you want to protect, is A Discovery with new science and value which is wanted and safe and increases the quality of life, something people will pay for and use, that you can put as a new Intellectual Property, and be the First to Invent, First to File and hopefully first to find the needed backing so you can share it with the world and not die a bitter disappointed person!

If you have noticed, my Superior Surface Effect includes first A Water Lubrication Layer as well as a Secured Injection Cavity - now this should get the brain working to figure out why I must protect it as I do, while telling you what it is without making it visible - that is sharing and not hiding.

My original potential partners, have developed the technology you are interested in, but the MID FOIL (Google for it) is theirs contribution that I respect, as it is in harmony with Archimedes as well as with Foil Technologies! They are good people also, located in Hawaii.

Ami

10. AmnonMikeCohen

AmnonMikeCohen Inventor

Jet Propultion

This patent, remind me of the original Jet Propultion concept, which we now know as a very viable technology, but the original was a pump moving the water and the water was moving the boat as a reaction to the flow into the seaway behind the boat.
    :idea: Old inventions are real gems!
    Ami

11. tuantom

tuantom Senior Member

Anmon,
    I've read this thread and looked at your website. While your motivation and persistence is impressive, I can't help wondering if medication might somehow play a central role in your business plans.

12. kach22i

kach22i Architect

He does get carried away;)

Not to hi-jack the thread, but from what I've read about SES, this hull should perform well even without air assistance or other gimicks.

http://www.catamarans.com/news/2006/04/CatComparison.asp
    [​IMG]

I love gimicks, but I also like to think that I'm developing an eye for what works. SES's work, hydrofoils work, hovercraft, cats...........and even plain old boats.:p

13. AmnonMikeCohen

AmnonMikeCohen Inventor

Dear PAL, please do not insult me, no medications in my life

This is just so you know, one can not achieve what I have, if one needs medication - because one needs all faculties in top order when experimenting or deriving proper conclusions.
    I am Yisraeli born and raised, and our language is logical and natural, and helps us capture truth and facts, and as a spiritually very respectful person I keep serving the truth at all times; and this is like a gift, because my English will never save me, being the best political language that I know, and it always helps us all if pictures and sounds are added to facts in writing.
    Trust, is a problem many people have with the truth I represent, so you are not alone and not the first to mistrust real truth you read in my poor English.

As a boater, and since I am in the security business, beer (Canadian) is the only medication I take, if I eat not Kasher (Kosher) food, just to help save my good health and younger look I still have.

The only wild thing I like, is speed on water, as on land, it is not safe - so I drive my Bonneville just over the speed limit so to keep the turbo-charger in higher the idling speed on the highway - and keep changing the oil more then required by the manufacturer.

My test boat, is not dangerous to take for a spin, and the SeaDoo is not in use now, so my water speeds are below 40 and very safe to play, even though it is safe to drink and drive with the fins installed on a boat...

14. tuantom

tuantom Senior Member

I imagine you mean "proper conclusions" in a subjective way.
    As far as I can see, you haven't accomplished anything other than to go on and on and on about nothing in a language that dulls your mind - and to put a bunch of nonsense on a free website. Does your business plan state that even you won't invest any money in your "invention?" At first I thought you were just amusing yourself to see how far you could string this along; I'm beginning to think you may actually believe what your saying - Odd. Anyway I'm done wasting time on this. Play safe and over-medicate whenever possible.

- Tom Rohe

1 person likes this.

15. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

This is the business plan from the web site -
    "INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY: "SUPERIOR HULLS INC." is seeking between US$175,000-$300,000-$475,000-$750,000 USD working capital to enter the industry and market its new advantageous product line, and may need further capital to secure its new corporate market share, after obtaining a successful stronghold presence within the industry."

So I imagine they will be happy to take any significant amount off some starry eyed investor, from $175 to 3/4 mill - anything will do. Lets not be tied to any firmly costed development schedule here in the "advantageous product line" until they get a "successful stronghold presence ".
    I would have to get an english translation to figure out all the small print - imagine if the proposal and contract were worded personally by Amnon!!!!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.