Air-boat construction plans

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by yahaya49, May 13, 2011.

1. yahaya49

yahaya49 yahaya49

I am thinking of building a 15' to 18' long air-boat. Anybody out there who has a construction plan and is willing to share this with me? I intend to use a 1600cc VW Type 1 engine.

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Charlie, you can start your own thread with the "New Thread" button at the top left of each department. As far as you lights, clearly you yanked something off accidentally. Bring a drop light and maybe an inspection mirror and have a look see. A freshly removed connection will be obvious by the condition of the terminal.

Yahaya, take a look at Glen-l's web site (> https://www.boatdesigns.com/13-Airboat-swamp-boat/products/469/ <)
    [​IMG]
    for this little puppy.

3. yahaya49

yahaya49 yahaya49

Thanks PAR. Obviously you must be very familiar with building an air-boat.

4. abohamza

abohamza Junior Member

Hi Yahaya

I am building this airboat. It's 4 m X 2 m X .5 m.

Abohamza

Attached Files:

5. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

airboatpics005.jpg

This came from another thread about a year ago. Anyone recall which one?

-Tom

6. keysdisease

keysdisease Senior Member

As I have reminded all interested whenever there is an airboat thread, do not cheap out on the cage.

I am in South Florida and grew up with airboats in the Everglades back in the 60's and 70's and I knew more than one airboat owner with only one arm or hand.

They can be fast, can go places no other vessel can, and can be extremely dangerous.

Steve

7. Submarine Tom

Air-Boat

airboatpics005.jpg

This came from another thread about a year ago.

Maybe it was just under a year ago.

I looked for it but to no avail.

Anyone recall which thread it was or better yet, who posted it?

-Tom

8. Submarine Tom

Agreed Keys, this little guy is a bit light on the cage protection. You make an excellent point about self preservation while a screaming prop is trying to suck you into it's relentless furry.

I love everything else about this little buggy. It can't be more than 7 or 8 feet long (that tire's not going to much over two feet in diameter), pull start, built in tank, dead-man throttle on the stick. It's a beautiful thing of simplicity. There isn't even a seat-back! Where are my goggles (and ear plugs of course)?

-Tom

9. Submarine Tom

So, what came of your quest yahaya49?

-Tom

10. yahaya49

yahaya49 yahaya49

Looks like I'll stick to Glen's. They sell build plans and I'll get one from them in a not too distant future when my current work is done.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.