Ahoy, Ship mates!

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Joe Latos, Aug 31, 2022.

1. Joe Latos

Joe Latos New Member

Looking to find a way to get a Garvey Dorey plan of Jeff Spira. I understand he passed away this last spring. Does anyone know how to still get his plans?

2. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

Welcome to the Forum Joe.

I think that there are many folk who would like to get hold of his plans - it is a shame that his estate is not still selling them. His plan collection was a tremendous resource.
    Have you considered any other Garvey plans, such as these from Sam Devlin?
    Little Cod 21 | Devlin Designing Boat Builders https://devlinboat.com/little-cod-21/

Or this one from Glen-L?
    15'-9" Jimbo AL - garvey hull with center console-boatdesign https://www.boatdesigns.com/15-9-Jimbo-AL-garvey-hull-with-center-console/products/126/

3. nerplancollecter

nerplancollecter Junior Member

I have purchased alot of Jeff's plans over the years I would sale some if someone wanted one email me at nayger809@gmail.com

4. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

@NERPLANCOLLECTER I am just wondering what are the legal (not to mention moral) implications of you possibly selling multiple copies of Jeff's plans now?
    Are you charging the same fee for a set of plans as what Jeff would have charged?

5. nerplancollecter

nerplancollecter Junior Member

Out of all I purchased over the years I built 1. I'm wanting to sale plans that give the right to build 1 which I haven't for the lot I would think that's legal. As far as moral the plans will prolly never be spread to continue if I didn't. I charge 75 per plan.

rwatson and bajansailor like this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.