Chrysler Boat Corporation Info

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by captdave311, Oct 2, 2005.

1. captdave311

captdave311 New Member

Greetings!

I am a newbie to the boating world and am looking to this forum to help me find out more information on a boat I just pruchased! The boat, as it was described in the classified ad, is a "1972 Chrysler Boat". I gathered as much information from the boat's data placards as I could and hit the internet.

After searching for several hours, I can't find a whole lot of information on either my boat or Chrysler Boat Corporation. I do know CBC purchased Lonestar boats in the late 60's or early 70's. There's lots of info on lonestar boats, but the trail seems to go cold upon Chrysler's entrance. I can't even find any other boats like mine for sale!

So, here's where you come in! If you can point me in the direction of information abour Chrysler Boat Corp., or even better, if you have specific information about the boat model/series I purchased, I'd be grateful! Below is some all the information I could find (and on which I've searched) about the boat:
    -1972 Chrysler open bow, 6 person boat
    -50hp Evinrude outboard motor (looks original)
    -Data placard on transom lists "50519" for model number
    -Decals on hull (towards bow) that say "Hydro-Vee"

And since a picture is worth (well, you know how it goes)...here she be (click here for link)!

Thanks in advance for you help!
    Dave

2. starship

starship john b

chryler boats

Capt. Dave,

I just purchased a 1980 open bow 6 seater chrysler fiberglass boat.
    I also searched the internet and did find out Chrysler bought out a Co. called Lone Star Boat Corp. I believe in 1979. The hull on my boat is in very good condition, but the 100hp. Evinrude has carberator trouble. The trailer needs to be redone also. But I'll enjoy restoring her and the trailer. The good part about the deal was $100.00 for all. I'm going to trade in the 100hp engine for a rebuilt 50 hp. Johnson. BTW. you can look up Lone Star Boats and get a history on their boats. Also, the 1980 Chrsyler fiberglass open bows were made by a company called MFG. You can look up MFG corp. on the Google search engine.
    Good Luck on Yours
    John b

3. Blofeild

Blofeild New Member

My new Chrysler 1977 c-486

I to am having trouble finding infromation on the boat.
    it has a Chrysler 300 outdrive.
    I get the boat this saturday april 12 2008
    Any info would be great!

May God bless you and your peeps!

Fred Matthews[​IMG]

4. Ike

Ike Senior Member

5. kach22i

kach22i Architect

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.