Aero-Hydrodynamics of Sailing - C.A. Marchaj

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Dutch Peter, Sep 16, 2004.

1. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Pierre Gutelle 's design books

Thanks for that posting. I will make an effoert to get that book as I found the postings from Tony very interesting.

2. kach22i

kach22i Architect

Kind of a little sidetrack.............tryt this pfd for a wild ride (Hovercraft/SES).

Dynamics of Air Cushion Vehicles Operating In a Seaway
    9th International Conference on Numerical Ship Hydrodynamics
    Ann Arbor, Michigan, August 5-8, 2007

15 pages of night time reading about LCAC and JMAC skirts.

Summary
    A new method has been developed that incorporates the three essential components for ACV dynamics: wave hydrodynamics, skirt structural deformation, and air cushion flow..............................

Link to pdf:
    http://www.aphysci.com/images/customer-files/NSH9_ACV.pdf

I'll have to read it over the weekend, lots of catching up to do at the office after the national rally.

3. Grant Nelson

Grant Nelson Senior Member

Hi all, I have the 1988 edition of Marchaj's Aero-Hydrodynamics. I am wondering if much has changed since then, or in other words, can I still use this book as one of the best references on all the topics, or is something missing or just plain wrong after 20 years of advancement in the industry?

If there are short comings, any suggestions on how to fill the gap?

Thanks!

Grant

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.