Rowboat Design/Plans

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Daveyoneusa, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Daveyoneusa

Daveyoneusa New Member

Hi,

Sorry for the not-so-great picture, but I am looking to replace this missing rowboat/lifeboat being carried on the back of this tug.

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on a similar design I could copy. I can get some dimensions from the back of the carrying boat and get a pretty good idea of the length and beam, but I was wondering if there might be an existing boat plan/style that looks similar that I could use to reconstruct the missing boat.

Thanks,
    Dave

Attached Files:

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum.

That appears to be a powerboat, not a rowboat, which is a different set of shapes. As Gonzo mentioned, lots of these types of designs exist and even some free ones that are actually worth building, which isn't usually the case with free plans. Make sure you decide as to it's use as a power or row/sail boat as they're different. Self designing isn't as easy as you might think, particularly if you're interested in a good performing, light weight, easy to build end result. For less than a 100 bucks, you can have a good set of plans. I have a set of skiff plans for much less than this too, recently reviewed By Carl at WoodenBoat Magazine (> http://boats.woodenboat.com/?paged=10 <).

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.