Just acquired 1960 Weymouth 1802

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by oddboatout, May 19, 2014.

1. oddboatout

oddboatout Junior Member

I just acquired a 1960 Weymouth 1802 glass over wood. I think it is a beautiful boat and want to do some restoration work on it. The problem I am running into is that I can find no information on this boat. It was built in Weymouth Nova Scotia by Weymouth Industries Limited and that is all I know. For being 74 years old it is in great condition. One area of rot on the port side, some fiberglass cracking and lots of flaked paint. If anyone one knows anything about these boats please let me know.

Thanks.

2. pungolee

pungolee Senior Member

Look for Motor Boating Magazine Show Number 1959 or 1960 on Ebay, these usually list all the major Manufacturers of the time. Wasn't Greveatte a major builder up that way? Sometimes one can find similarities between Builders in the same Region, but not always. Other then that it just comes down to Survey and course of action plans using acceptable methods of restoration.

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I was born well before 1960 and I'm not 74 years old yet . . . :)

4. oddboatout

oddboatout Junior Member

:p 54

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.