1974 Silverline restore

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by yacht-rock, Nov 18, 2008.

1. yacht-rock

yacht-rock New Member

Hello all, I am new to boats and the boat design forum. I have recently acquired silverline from my folks. It has been sitting in the elements for about 5 years or so.

How hard is it to replace the floor and how expensive does new interior get?

Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. silverlinefan

silverlinefan New Member

keep me informed

Hey keep me informed if you can how this project works for you i am looking for a silver line myself as we had them growing up my dad was sold on them. I'm looking for a trihull myself, burnt orange and white looks red though i will send a picture in case your happen to see one you can let me know.I guess i will have to put it on my profile instead.lol good luck!!:D

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Finding matching pieces for your interior will be difficult, if not imposable if attempting to restore to original condition. The seats can be recovered, as can the side bolsters. They're just chunks of foam covered in vinyl. New seats can be purchased, though they're not inexpensive.

The sole (floor) is an involved, messy and itchy job, but not out of reach for the average person. It's very probable you'll also have stringer and transom issues, considering the age and neglect of the boat.

These types of boats are really just holders for what's attached to them, meaning their value is based on equipment and engine. If the engine runs or could easy run with some repairs, the steering works, the electrical in fairly good shape, then it might be worth the trouble to fix. If the engine needs to be replaced, the controls frozen, the electrical system cut up and useless, then you might want to consider a better starting point then this.

There are many previous threads on this site covering sole replacement, transom replacement, stringers, etc. Use the search tool and plow through them, there's much information that you can earn.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.