Advice and directions on becoming a deckhand

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by mercedesdave49, Jan 22, 2010.

1. mercedesdave49

mercedesdave49 Junior Member

Hi,I'm looking to become a deckhand and need some advice and direction on how to go about this.I have various RYA qualifications but am unsure whether i need any others.Would be grateful of some help

Thanks,Guy Carrington Smith 07824817934

2. Luckless

Luckless Senior Member

deckhand for what sort of vessel, serving from what nation?

3. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

4. mercedesdave49

mercedesdave49 Junior Member

Hi,I'm looking to become a deckhand on a cruise ship or smaller motor powered vessels.I wasn't thinking of anything to do with container ships or fishing vessel.

Location wise,again i'm not sure.Am i restricted to certain places.do i need certain certs to work in certain countries?

Thanks again,

Guy Carrington Smith 07824817934

5. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

Sure.. just look the link and do a boat search ;)

6. apex1

apex1 Guest

All major Yacht Brokers have a crew agency!

Buy a example of "Boat International" there you find them all.

Some names:

Nigel Burgess
    Camper & Nicholson
    Fraser Yachts
    Merrill Stevens
    Edmiston
    Cavendish White
    Koch & Partners

Regards
    Richard

7. member 35191

member 35191 Previous Member

You will need to do a STCW course, it covers basic safety, fire fighting, first aid and sea survival.

8. apex1

apex1 Guest

9. nukisen

nukisen Senior Member

As usual!! :) haha
    I do recomend you to take advices from Richard (Apex1), as he always seems to know how. And also he is a proffessional.

1 person likes this.
  10. M-Sasha

M-Sasha Guest

I concur! He is.

Sasha

11. apex1

apex1 Guest

12. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Do you want to make a living out of it or just travel?

13. frank77

frank77 New Member

Sunborn Yacht Hotel
    1 Royal Victoria Dock,
    London E16 1SL,
    United Kingdom
    sunbornrecruitment@job4u.com

The London flagship of the Sunborn Hotels Group, the Sunborn Yacht has a sister yacht Hotel in Naantali, Finland. Offering luxury accommodation, the yachts are complete with all facilities found in any luxury Hotel.

Located across from the Eastern Gateway of the Excel Exhibition Center, the Sunborn Yacht hotel is the obvious choice for exhibitors and visitors wanting deluxe accommodation. Not just recommended for business travelers, the Sunborn Yacht offers excellent prices over non show periods, which compete heavily with the more traditional five star hotels in the City Center, creating a perfect hotel for leisure travelers who want true 5 star standards, but not at 5 star prices!

We want to use this medium to inform you that vacancies is now on,so therefore do let us know if you have an interest in working in any of the areas in which Sunborn Yacht Offers, from restaurant,Accountant, Office work, to child care, Au pair, Babysitting, Engineer, Captain, Stew work, Mate Engineer, Deckhand, First Mate, Stewardess, Chef, Steward, Chef Stew, Cook Stew, Stewardess/Masseuse, 2nd Engineer .

Job Salary: Depending on your roll of specialization, Salary Ranging from 3,500 GBP to 7,000 GBP or negotiable and We shall take care of your Transportation expenses, Accommodation, feeding and a month training on arrival.

If you are interested to work with us in any position, please kindly send your resume via (frank.collins78@gmail.com) immediately with your personal details including your roll of profession/Skill of Specialization.

Regards
    Mr Frank Collins

14. frank77

frank77 New Member

Sunborn Yacht Hotel
    1 Royal Victoria Dock,
    London E16 1SL,
    United Kingdom
    sunbornrecruitment@job4u.com

The London flagship of the Sunborn Hotels Group, the Sunborn Yacht has a sister yacht Hotel in Naantali, Finland. Offering luxury accommodation, the yachts are complete with all facilities found in any luxury Hotel.

Located across from the Eastern Gateway of the Excel Exhibition Center, the Sunborn Yacht hotel is the obvious choice for exhibitors and visitors wanting deluxe accommodation. Not just recommended for business travelers, the Sunborn Yacht offers excellent prices over non show periods, which compete heavily with the more traditional five star hotels in the City Center, creating a perfect hotel for leisure travelers who want true 5 star standards, but not at 5 star prices!

We want to use this medium to inform you that vacancies is now on,so therefore do let us know if you have an interest in working in any of the areas in which Sunborn Yacht Offers, from restaurant,Accountant, Office work, to child care, Au pair, Babysitting, Engineer, Captain, Stew work, Mate Engineer, Deckhand, First Mate, Stewardess, Chef, Steward, Chef Stew, Cook Stew, Stewardess/Masseuse, 2nd Engineer .

Job Salary: Depending on your roll of specialization, Salary Ranging from 3,500 GBP to 7,000 GBP or negotiable and We shall take care of your Transportation expenses, Accommodation, feeding and a month training on arrival.

If you are interested to work with us in any position, please kindly send your resume via (frank.collins78@gmail.com) immediately with your personal details including your roll of profession/Skill of Specialization.

Regards
    Mr Frank Collins

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.