Advanced Manufacturing of Flying Boats

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by AmnonMikeCohen, Feb 23, 2016.

1. myark

myark Senior Member

When he did not want to show a picture of himself or his CEO owner it was as I knew it was and gave him the flick

Not sure why you need a photo of me? You can go to our ....... website (http://.com/en/) to learn more about our company. I report directly to the CEO/Owner of the company. His name is ........... and he started out as a metallurgist with a government trading company and when China started to allow private businesses to emerge, he formed his own trading company. As he grew, he purchased the factories making his product until to today. .......... owns a score of factories and other businesses. You can ask anyone knowledgeable about hand tool business in Asia and they will know ..........

2. myark

myark Senior Member

A bit about royalty's and what they may pay

I am glad that you wrote back! I work with many inventors, but there is one that I work with quite often. His name is ......... One of his inventions is going to market at Lowes this 4th quarter as a major DRTV (Direct Response Television) add campaign for Lowes (............. brand). The initial order of this item is 1.2 million 2pc sets. I met with ...... last year at the SEMA auto show in Las Vegas last year and he showed me the item (......................) and I like the concept (............). I took it to the Lowes hand tool merchant and they liked the idea. My team in Hangzhou made up prototypes to show to the merchant and I went through the Lowes product selection process. The tool was accepted as one of the 2013 4th quarter DRTV items and Lowes placed the order with us. We are manufacturing the item in our factories in Hangzhou right now and the first 250,000 pieces will ship on the 10th of this month.

This year we are manufacturing all three DRTV items. Two are inventions from ...........(.............) and one I developed, the (.........) and the other one is from another company, but we are manufacturing it. Last year we had two DRTV items with Lowes, the ............... (non-locking) and the ............. ............sells to every major customer in the USA and we have a world wide sales presence.

If you like, I will talk to ........... and ask him if he would mind talking to you so you can get another inventor's take on working with ........ Let me know if this will be helpful to you. We work on a royalty commission basis with inventors. The royalty is a percentage of our sales price to the customer. This percentage runs from between 3% to 7%. On large orders like the Lowes DRTV ones, this adds up to a pretty large sum.

I really like what I see of your tool in the video. It presents very well on video and makes me think it would be a good candidate for next years DRTV sales at Lowes. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best Regards

3. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

You need a lawyer in these situations, one knowledgeable about patents and contracts involving them.

4. myark

myark Senior Member

The trouble with lawyers is the huge fees and in reality they only care about lots of money and not their clients when run out of cash and have nothing to lose and will cripple most inventors, and then patent lawyers are actually mostly crooks them self's who are paid by day light rip-offs to find a way to break a vulnerable inventors patent which is easy to do especially the patent is as powerful as the pocket or if they have discovered idea not sold in a patented country within a two year period of the granted a patent then it is disqualified if taken to IP courts and the list goes on.
    Also inventers mostly naïve trusting their patents attorneys wisdom who most inventors do not know you can only claim one core claim for protection although are many claims that are actually invalid as the core claim is how people patent old ideas by simple adding a new feature to an old design so reading between the line of AmnonMCohen is how I know he is making sense.
    I am not sure if his idea is good or not as I also keep my ideas secret but give puzzles of what the future Myark folding trailer barge designs are and other water crafts that I will not disclose on boat design but like to mention until I can actually be in the position to afford the IP statuses and manufacture personally with a out partnership which is the same as marriage partnership with out love is any easy way to explain business partnerships and licenses. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

5. myark

myark Senior Member

That's correct patent pending "application" and number is not published or inspected during the 12 months and an extension for 6 months if needed, then you and can drop the patent any time and reapply later as long as it is not publicly disclosed and can fully understand why you keep secrecy, also if any one that you may think worthy of your idea may want to know more and considering investing or manufacture then they will need to sign a confidential agreement like you have already suggested so they can inspect for them self's, but cannot disclose your idea publicly afterwards.
    To start patent pending is very simple and cost less than a $100 online and do not need to place any claims if wanted even drawings but with a description, when decide to go the next stage if at all after 12 to 18 months is when your claims can be carefully written as well as better descriptions along side drawings to be eventually inspected and patent number publicly displayed.
    What I like about the patent application system if not go ahead is it proves the time and date when you invent the idea and is a bit like a copy right "original" and public have no access for the application number except for the applicant.

6. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

I think you will find that if you do not carry your Patent Application through to a final "Patent Granted ' status you will lose any claim to that particular invention.

7. myark

myark Senior Member

The patent pending in the first 12 months if its not filed further stops in its tracks and can not be found on a patent search especially for inspection.
    How ever when I drop a patent application like I am doing this moment even after the idea has been extremely disclosed publicly, I will refile that same idea but with many new claims of improvements as I am doing right now and is another reason to drop a patent and to refile.
    The odds are of any public coming forward to make challenge would be vey rare and would need lots of cash and time to do so.

The first patent application stage you do not need to write claims or even file drawings but only file a description.

For that reason alone is why its not recorded or displayed further until its filed further officially with claims and drawings completed and why it cost only $100 to make a patent application on line.

The patents office are over worked as it is and can not keep track of every man and his dog filing a patent application until fees are paid to further the application to do so.

8. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

It used to be like that, but it has changed a lot in the last few years. They don't allow applications to drag on for years any more.

9. myark

myark Senior Member

You can not drag a patent application out even 30 years ago, but one can file a PCT for about $3000 that gives a 30 month grace from the start of application date to decide what are the 90 odd country's one may want to pay to protect.
    Dropping a patent application "letting it lapse" after the 12 months and to reapply at later date is a way you can personally drag it out as long as its not disclosed as I said when filing patent application online, no claims are required if wanted as well as drawings because it is not ready to go the next system stage and enter the public domain or able to be found on a patent search which further fees are required to make that happen then fuse has been lighten and no retreat is available .

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.