Advanced Manufacturing of Flying Boats

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by AmnonMikeCohen, Feb 23, 2016.

1. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

There is no such a thing as a non-published application at the PTO. That is simply a false statement. Your application number, if it exists, will show that your claims are true. All your claims are unfounded and evasive. No wonder no-one will invest in your mysterious system.

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

No one here is is a charlatan, in the definition of the word (with the exception of Amnon, who's failed repeatedly to positively prove his claims). Additionally, Amnon certainly has proven with his own words that "no one" has taken him seriously, when he's approached them with the concept.

As I previously mentioned and has been pointed out by others, there's only two possible scenarios for this to occur - he's unwilling to comply with reasonable requests for data/information or is unable (for whatever justification) to comply with reasonable requests for data/information about the concept. He could easily setup industry leaders and marketing professionals with a NDA, who even under these terms, could produce reasonable data/information about the product, without surrendering its secrets.

This invention may well be just as he suggests, but if it's not presented in a manner which can be considered a viable or investment worthy concept, it's Amnon's approuch to the presentation, that is holding it back from acceptance. Frankly it's all irrelevant anyway, because sometime in the next several months, an 85' boat will launch (assuming he's not blowing smoke) with his invention installed and if it does do what he says it can, it'll quickly gain press time and we'll all know about what he's spent the last few decades hiding. So, I guess this is his "pre-press release" fluff session, to bolster interest in something that's about to be unveiled. Decidedly an unusual marketing approuch and not especially effective, but he's his own boss, so let him play in his sand box as long as he likes, as the prove will launch in a some months and all will be revealed, likely after some sea trials.

3. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

PAR, I totally agree that no one should be called "charlatan" but what does this mean? :
    that is why I insist that should be corrected that comment. For my part, I think I will stop intervening here, at least until the OP, if he wants (no one can force him to do so, not insult him not to do so), show us details.

4. PAR

According to Wikipedia:

"A charlatan (also called swindler or mountebank) is a person practising quackery or some similar confidence trick in order to obtain money, fame or other advantages via some form of pretense or deception."

No one here other than (again) Amnon, could be described as this. He's the one looking for investment, without sufficient detail, data, test results, documentation, etc. He's the one that has said the industry are a bunch of thieves, unresponsive to new ideas, etc. It's been his (Amnon) opinions and comments about the "mainstream" industry professionals having no vision, interest, etc. It's also been Amnon that has attempted to market this product, with zero success for a few decades, etc., etc., etc.

He has control (absolute) over how, when and where this "invention" will make its entry in the market, but waving a red flag in front of a bull and not expecting a charge seems foolish, which is pretty much what his attempts here have been, thus far.

Most of us are results driven and will happily jump on a good idea, concept, product, etc., but without anything other than his assurances it's all that he says - well just wishful thinking, if you ask me and a ridiculous way to market any product, if you ask me.

5. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

If anyone comes up with a really great new idea and has covered all the Patent protection possible
    Manufacturers are unlikely to be interested in the idea unless they can some how get around or use the idea with out payment to the patentee/inventor.
    They will wait untill the Patent expires,much cheaper.Inventors can be too demanding and miss out completly.Nothing like capatalizing on some one elses Research and Development, it happens all the time.
    Business is all about making a profit.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  6. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Commercial decisions are probably not quite as cynical as all that, if there is a financial advantage in a license agreement to use a patent, it will be done, according to what financial sense it makes to do so, for both parties. If the OP has a game-changer on his hands, he better get a good agent, because it seems he couldn't sell ice-cream in a heatwave !

7. PAR

Agreed, most business decisions are pretty much "drawn and quartered" affairs, meaning the cost/benefit relationship and other concerns, are evaluated and assessed and a "no or no go" decision is made. This has little to do with the patent date or the inventor. I have a patent currently under license with a European manufacture. There was a modest debate over fees and contract condisions, but this was sorted fairly quickly (less than a year) and the lawyers drew up the agreement, which was rolled into another limited production run contract. These things are difficult to understand, though can be "sticky" if you get into the minute details. This is what lawyers are for.

8. myark

myark Senior Member

I recently turned down the largest tool manufacture in Asia who their marketing is based in the USA who wanted to manufacture and market under a license when they approached with a really good sales pitch that promised lots of $ but when I asked for some form of $ up front it works out they say nobody gives $ up front and had to wait for royalty's and trust them.
    For the same reasons as AmnonMikeCohen I kept my IP secret which they wanted with out a cent up front for my designs, IP statuses and manufacture procedures.

With Par I would say he had a simple design patent which are really of no value and nothing to lose as if it was anything he would have shown it a long time ago.

9. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Sounds like you need a negotiating agent too, myark. If these things are any good, make it yourself.

10. myark

myark Senior Member

I owned several patents for one of my multi tool inventions and this young French guy who had a wife from Iran and her father was a lawyer wanted a 50/50 partner ship for a offering of $100.000 USD but first I sign 50% of the patents in his name which I did the EU, USA and Australian PCT patent, but kept the finalized Chinese patent in my name only.
    The other patents are in the final stag of been excepted and why I had nothing to lose as it cost a considerable sum to finalize which at the time did not have funds and time was running out.

My wife and I flew back to China with our new born son Myark and we lived with this French guy and his wife in a mansion in China and then I flew inland with wife and child and organized the manufacture and was waiting for the $100.000 owed, but he knew I had not much $ left and sent a email wanting 100% ownership and then after that he would pay the $100.000 and give 20% share of the profits thinking he had trapped me inland China with no money for return and that had to trust him again.

I told him to F..k off and managed to find a small amount of funds and reinvented the idea practically over night and placed a PCT patent on new design, then made a proto type you can see demonstrated on you tube, then I found where he was manufacturing in Tawian with my ideas stolen and contacted that factory and told them he is a rip-off and would exploit them if they are part of stealing from me, I also told them about his night life activity when his wife was in Iran who she was at the Taiwan factory pregnant.
    I then contacted the USA, EU and Australian Patent lawyers trying to finalize my patents for him, telling them the same and challenged my own patent finalization he had nothing in the end after spending well over $200.000 trying to rip me off and many many head aches.
    I have now yet again redeveloped that multi tool idea amongst many other forms of multi tool ideas and like AmnonMikeCohen I keep the IP status secret until I am good and ready to file a new PCT patent and will manufacture myself and supply the world market via online internet marketing.

11. Kailani

Kailani Senior Member

He showed enough to the company he asked for money to get a deal done.

The thing with Amnon is his post is asking for something that I don't think anyone will do because he can't show what it is... He says "please feel free to act as our referral person as we shall be thankful, and we know, mariners worldwide also will be thankful for the new capabilities and listed benefits in the website." Never know. I think though he will have to market it himself until he can show something convincing.

12. myark

myark Senior Member

I am manufacturing myself ;)

Attached Files:

13. myark

myark Senior Member

I can not comment about Par getting the deal done as he keeps it secret about what the idea was, till then ...

14. myark

myark Senior Member

This is the start of his first email I received from a 2 billion USA dollars in sales per year company and have deleted his name and company details to be fair as he did me no harm.

Hello Sir,

My name is ........ and I am Vice President of Product Development at ....... is the largest manufacturer of hand tools in Asia and we sell to every major retailer in the world (we are currently a 2 billion USA dollars in sales per year company). I am located in Huntersville NC, USA which is near to the Lowes headquarters (our largest customer in the USA). Our home office is in Hangzhou, China. We are a major manufacturer with over 2 dozen factories directly owned by us and we work with many more.

I saw your video of the Myark Wrench and am impressed. I have designed many new hand tools and have worked with numerous inventors over the years and seen almost every type of tool variation possible. I really like what you have come up with and would like to start a dialogue with you on bringing you tool to market.

Please let me know if this is the correct e-mail address to write to and what person I should address myself to. My contact information is below.

15. myark

myark Senior Member

The answer when I talked a of a small amount of $

One of the advantages for an inventor working with a company like .... is that they do not have do put much more time or effort into the development and production of the product. All we would need from you is the Solid Works CAD files, proof of your patent and any recommendations on material and heat treating specifications. We have over 200 engineers and 20 tool and die makers to work on projects. I would assign a team to your product that would perform all of the engineering work, prototyping and marketing research (including packaging design).

By working with ....... you would not have to deviate from your normal job routine and should not have to travel. We can send you prototypes and communicate via e-mail to work on any issue we are having with your product. If I felt that it would be useful to have you travel to Hangzhou to be at the factory, it would only be for a week (I sent ..... to the factory for a week and his invention was much more challenging to manufacture). ..... would pay for the airfare, hotel room and food while you where there. There is no monetary risk for you (you are not having to send time or money to develop and bring the product to market) and since we are connected to all of the major retailers in the world, the upside it very big.

I don't know of any companies in our industry that give up front money any more, too many bad experiences with that practice. ...... only gets paid when we sell the item to a retailer, so it is not wise to pay up front for an invention that is not sold yet. We incur a lot of expense in marketing the tools to retailers, so we are already spending money to place your product.

I really like your tool, from what I have seen. There are several other similar tools on the market, but your looks like the most useful and durable one. I called one of my inventors,...... and he said that it would be fine to give him a call and talk to him. His phone number is: ........ He lives in Pennsylvania and therefore in in the Eastern Time zone.

I look forward to working with you. If you like. I can also send you a copy of our boiler plate Licensing Agreement.

Best Regards

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.