Admiral Nimitz: Three Mistakes Japan Made At Pearl Harbor

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by brian eiland, Jun 21, 2011.

1. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

So, John, you didn't believe me or did you happen to have this stored away in a long unaccessed portion of gray matter?

2. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

Stored away, part of the stuff I do. Read "Mud, Muscles, and Miracles" by Black Bart Barthomomew , lots on the Pearl Harbor salvage... it was where the textbooks got written.

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Yep, read it, I have a similar mind that seems to store data, some ridiculous or trivial, just to regurgitate it years later.

4. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Thanks for the tip- I will pick it up.

5. CPORet

CPORet New Member

Utah

Thanks for the "Welcome Aboard". Concur with the "decking over". She was on the opposite side of the island I believe, than the USS Arizona. I just have a bit of a soft spot for her. I was a Communications Watch Officer at Pearl Harbor back in 1994, and I re-enlisted at the Utah Memorial. Not many of my shipmates knew about the place until then.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.