Adirondak Guideboat Racing Design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Jhomer, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Jhomer

Jhomer Boat Builder

Was wondering if anyone can recommend some design ideas for an Adirodak Guideboat? I am in the process of building one currently and would like to hear any suggestions. Thaks for reading.

John

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

3. Wayne Grabow

Wayne Grabow Senior Member

If you are already in the process of building a guideboat, isn't it already designed? Or are you only concerned with the outfitting details?

4. Jhomer

Jhomer Boat Builder

Build

Wayne you have a good point...There are a lot of ribs that have to be made for this boat. I am in the process of doing this. This will take a few weeks. I have a design picked out, what I am asking is does anyone have any suggestions to the design in the hull or shape of this boat to make it faster that I can change before I get to the actual build.

Thanks

5. Grant Nelson

Grant Nelson Senior Member

I would say its pretty optimal as it is... if you want a fasterboat, then you should choose a faster boat, not change something as tried and true as an ADK Guideboat.. Just my opinon...

6. Jhomer

Jhomer Boat Builder

Thanks- I appreciate the feed back from my question. As you can tell I am new to the boat building family. I will continue with my build as planned.