adding ventilation

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by James Francis, Aug 8, 2006.

1. James Francis

James Francis Junior Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 22 center console with a 350 marine power inboard. The existing ventilation to the engine is two front facing air scoops and two facing aft. The port scoop facing aft has the power blower connected to it. I want to add some more natural ventilation to the compartment because it is incredibly tight and gets very hot when trolling. I would like to put a vent in the front of the CC hatch right but I think that might be problematic given the potential of water spray entering the vent and being sucked into the flame arrestor/carb. My other thought was vents on the port side and starboard side of the CC which should draw some hot air out. Any thoughts on what might work best and what to avoid would be helpful.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.