Building a 6.3 m Cat.

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by kennichi, Jun 29, 2011.

1. kennichi

kennichi New Member

Hi people,

I'm new in this, actually, I want to be, so I need help.
    My desire is to build about 6.3m power cat in a plywood method, so if anyone could tell me how much could it cost (without outboards) I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Kenichi.

Attached Files:

2. Richard Woods

Richard Woods Woods Designs

I built my Skoota 20, so about the size you are thinking of, using 20 sheets of 6 and 9mm ply plus about 10Kgs epoxy. So it was under USD2000 for the boat ex equipment

Richard Woods of Woods Designs

www.sailingcatamarans.com

3. BenSchionning

BenSchionning Junior Member

You mean just the shell - would be pretty cheap as Richard said. Are you going to do stitch and glue? I'm thinking something along these lines too, just for fun around the bay. Outboards are your real killer, if you're using bigger ones you'll want hydraulics - also pricey. On a side note I priced a 140hp Suzuki four stroke the other day - over AUD$16,000.00! :eek:

Good luck with the project!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.