adding storage

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by blackhawkdown, Aug 20, 2013.

1. blackhawkdown

blackhawkdown New Member

photo (26).JPG This a picture of the port side seat in the bow of my boat. A cushion will go over the top of it. What I'm wondering is whether or not and if so, how I can add a storage area with a hatch over it of course. Can a fiberglass 'well' for lack of a better word be added there? I want it to look like it's always been there. There is plenty of room under the seat.

2. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

The choice is yours which one or both !!

Do you want to simply cut a hole and add a lid and turn the whole Of the under seat into storage ?? or cut a hole and have a drop-in container ? either way its possible or even have both ! storage in the whole compartment and a simple drop in for small quick to get to things and just cover the lot with the cover you cut out !! ! for a shallow drop in container search for a suitable plastic box with a flange the would fit the bill and use that !! much easier than trying to make a box !! :):D:p

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.