Brass Color Trimming on Aluminum Boat?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by eastNCboating, Jul 11, 2016.

1. eastNCboating

eastNCboating New Member

Just looking for some opinions on using brass color for the trim pieces of a 14ft aluminum covered-bow runabout. Has anyone seen a boat with this color trim?

I am in progress of repainting the boat now. My plans are to have a white base color, some kind of color stripe along the side, down the center of the covered bow, and the trim to be either chrome/aluminum color or possibly brass color. If you have seen this color scheme, what kind of accent color would match brass trim? Or should I just be traditional and stick with the chrome/aluminum color trim?

Thanks for your opinions!

2. messabout

messabout Senior Member

You are delving into matters of taste. Some like chocolate while others favor vanilla. If the bronze/brass trim is favorable to you, then go for it. We might think it hokey but you are not responsible for pleasing the casual observer.

( Bronze trim not my choice........... but back to the chocolate/vanilla thing.

3. claydog

claydog Junior Member

This plus one additional comment. If you want to use brass/bronze trim, use a white paint that is on the warm side, a touch yellow or creamy. If want a cool white as your base color that is a bit on the blue or gray side, then I'd use chrome or aluminum trim.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.